Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Shane Shane

Re: How to play MP4 video in original size by default?

16 Dec 2012, 14:08

The reason I dont delete the jpg is because when i do the thumbnail disappears too. What do I need to do the keep the mp4 thumbnail and delete the jpg? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? This seems overly complicated for just assigning thumbnails.

Also let me know about the video. I realy want it to view exactly as i rendered it because if lightbox resizes it then the sharpness of my video is compromised.
Oh and as far as the metadata i checked and its there. I am using Adobe media encoder.

Shane

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

16 Dec 2012, 21:10

Data is there but PHP can't read it correctly that is why it is distorted. I guess we can overcome this, but it is going to take a while.
firedev.com

Shane Shane

16 Dec 2012, 22:20

What do you suggest as a work around? maybe http://mediaelementjs.com/??
Or by "a while" you mean a couple days. I need to make this transition in about 2 weeks tops.
Also what is your suggestion with my thumbnail issue?

Thank you for your help.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

16 Dec 2012, 22:35

Try this: https://www.photo.gallery/download?imagevuex28rc.zip

Just overwrite all files, it will keep your settings intact.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

16 Dec 2012, 23:17

Regarding thumbnails for videos.

If your host doesn't have ffmpeg, you can upload a "cover image" for videos. Do not name it as the video file. Otherwise it will take the thumbnail with it (which is what happening I suppose). Here is how you do it:

1. Upload an Image into the same folder, you will see thumbnail is created for the image file.
2. Click 'Edit Thumbnail' on a video file:

3. Choose cover image thumbnail:

4. Done. You can delete the cover Image, the video file will retain the thumbnail

firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Dec 2012, 00:41

Shane Shane wrote:The reason I dont delete the jpg is because when i do the thumbnail disappears too. What do I need to do the keep the mp4 thumbnail and delete the jpg? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? This seems overly complicated for just assigning thumbnails.
As Nick explained, basically you make thumbnail files by simply uploading a file tn_+filename.jpg. In your case, you actually have 1 image, 1 video, and one thumbnail for each of them ... I am not sure how you did it like that in the first place, because you must have done it by FTP to be able to rename the created thumbnail to match the video instead of the image. You can log in to FTP, delete the image in that folder (also the thumbnail that is linked to the image, but dont delete the thumbnail that is matched with the video of course).

Shane Shane

17 Dec 2012, 13:46

Thank you both. I got the thumbnail thing working great.
Nick, i tried downloading the link you provided but I get a corrupted file. Please resend.

Shane

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

18 Dec 2012, 05:23

The file is correct I have just downloaded it myself, but here it is one more time: https://d.pr/f/QwNp
firedev.com

Shane Shane

18 Dec 2012, 14:00

Thanks Nick that worked. I looks great!! You two rock. That was an incredibly fast solution!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D