Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

alexhenes
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

11 Jun 2012, 20:32

alexhenes wrote
I like that when the toolbar title is left empty in the admin that is displays the name of the current folder. However the site menu plus sign is a little misleading when the current folder is displayed in the title bar.

Why is it misleading with the plus sign when the current folder is displayed i the title bar? I don't see what the difference is by keeping a global title there ... Basically this is the title toolbar which tell you where you are. Click it, and you get the main menu to navigate elsewhere.
It is misleading because the "+" sign next to the title of a folder makes it look like the "+" has something to do with the folder... ie. expand the folder. when in actuality it opens a site menu... and with a large menu you can't even see that the current folder is selected in the sight menu. I think it would be more intuitive for the user if the site menu opened and they could actually see that the current folder is selected and they could chose to navigate to other folders that are close in proximity without having to manually scroll all the way to the top/bottom.

If you pull up www.merelyafleshwound.com on your phone... navigate to mid menu... go deep... then hit the + sign you will see what I mean.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 03:51

alexhenes wrote:It is misleading because the "+" sign next to the title of a folder makes it look like the "+" has something to do with the folder... ie. expand the folder. when in actuality it opens a site menu... and with a large menu you can't even see that the current folder is selected in the sight menu. I think it would be more intuitive for the user if the site menu opened and they could actually see that the current folder is selected and they could chose to navigate to other folders that are close in proximity without having to manually scroll all the way to the top/bottom.
Not sure I agree 100%. Lots of mobile websites, instead of having a menu, add a dropdown list instead. The page the visitor is currently on would be highlighted in the list. The same goes for our menu. No the "+" has nothing to do with the folder, neither the startpage title ... It does however indicate a menu, or at least tell the user "try click here for some navigation". Especially since the button itself currently tells the curent location, then if you click it, it does not come as a surprise that you can actually change the location from a menu system. Taking into consideration that a mobile phone has a small screen, it is all about compromises. We do not want two bars of UI at the top on the mobile version ... Perhaps you are on an Android with a relatively large screen.
alexhenes wrote:If you pull up http://www.merelyafleshwound.com on your phone... navigate to mid menu... go deep... then hit the + sign you will see what I mean.
I can imagine and have seen it on large menus before. However, I am just skeptical about not starting a menu from the top after its clicked ... I would find it a bit confusing. Let us consider this, but just keep in mind that no matter what, this menu will just not be 100 optimal for large folder structures. Its still worth having of course, especially since it is unobtrusive.

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 04:14

I dont know if this "bug" I have found already has been discussed in this thread, I havent been able to read through all 18 pages :shock:

I have been trying out the mobile-mode on the 2.8 beta and found that there is a problem when using subfolders. I can get into the parentfolder that contains the subfolders, but when trying to enter a subfolder I just get sent back to the startpage. I have only been able to try this on Android-devices (4). The parent/subfolders work just fine when I view the gallery from a computer.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 04:22

MikeR wrote:Of course

goo.gl/CLNDh

Click on the images at the bottom

Thank you
You are right. The main factor here, is that the "link" function for the flash gallery was never intended to be used like this for internal links. So it works fine, with flash. However, it becomes increasingly difficult when the different platforms use different link formats.

In your case, it seems the best solution is to hide thumbnails with links, since you already have them listed with thumbnails in the view above. Any objections?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

12 Jun 2012, 04:28

recman wrote:I have been trying out the mobile-mode on the 2.8 beta and found that there is a problem when using subfolders.
This sounds like an older beta. Do you have a link?
firedev.com

MikeR
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 04:28

No objection, but how can I "hide" this thumbnail (with link) only for the mobile version ?

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 04:31

Nick wrote:
recman wrote:I have been trying out the mobile-mode on the 2.8 beta and found that there is a problem when using subfolders.
This sounds like an older beta. Do you have a link?

I dont have a link right now since I remodified just last night. But the version I run is Imagevue X2.8 β6, dont know if this is an older one? If it is, where can I find the latest version?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

12 Jun 2012, 04:37

firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 04:41

MikeR wrote:No objection, but how can I "hide" this thumbnail (with link) only for the mobile version ?
New Beta released a bit later today, and this will be automatic for the people.

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 04:43

Nick wrote:Please download it here: https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip

Great I will try that directly!

Where do You guys announce new beta-releases? I havent got the grip about that yet.

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 05:08

Nick wrote:Please download it here: https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip

This seems to do the trick, but now I cant change the footer-image?? No matter what I set under Settings/Mobile/Footer it still is the Imagevue-logo showing. This worked nice in earlier version.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 05:16

recman wrote:This seems to do the trick, but now I cant change the footer-image?? No matter what I set under Settings/Mobile/Footer it still is the Imagevue-logo showing. This worked nice in earlier version.
I will need link and login for your admin to check this.

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 05:21

Another thing related to when new versions arrive.

Which is the current correct way to update Imagevuex? The only info I found was from the time of the 2.5-version (https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/) and when I follow these instructions some things get lost in the upgrade, like PowerPack and apparently some settings (see my post above). So how is the easy/best/right way to do an upgrade?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 05:34

recman wrote:Which is the current correct way to update Imagevuex? The only info I found was from the time of the 2.5-version (https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/) and when I follow these instructions some things get lost in the upgrade, like PowerPack and apparently some settings (see my post above). So how is the easy/best/right way to do an upgrade?
Powerpack I am not sure about, but for Imagevue it is like this:

Just drag and upload ALL files from the unpacked released version, overwriting all your existing content, EXCEPT "content" (your files, folders and descriptions, and "iv-config" (any custom configurations you have made).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 07:58

Imagevue X2.8 β8
https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip

Mobile gallery facelift
Images with links are removed from the Mobile gallery
New improved video player (more notes to follow)
Fixed Map issue with text3 (flash)
Fixed textpage scroller (flash)

We are hoping this is something that we can launch as final version shortly.