Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

12 Jun 2012, 09:29

mjau-mjau wrote:
recman wrote:Which is the current correct way to update Imagevuex? The only info I found was from the time of the 2.5-version (https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/) and when I follow these instructions some things get lost in the upgrade, like PowerPack and apparently some settings (see my post above). So how is the easy/best/right way to do an upgrade?
Powerpack I am not sure about, but for Imagevue it is like this:

Just drag and upload ALL files from the unpacked released version, overwriting all your existing content, EXCEPT "content" (your files, folders and descriptions, and "iv-config" (any custom configurations you have made).
For powerpack:

1. Reinstall your gallery like suggested above.
2. IMPORTANT -> Don't open your gallery and imagevue admin panel yet! (because when you do that right now, all powerpack setting disapear)
3. Go to your powerpack installator page (www.yoursite.com/extras/powerPack) and check all tabs on top (you will probably only need update files and CSS).
4. Now you can open your gallery and imagevue admin panel.

alexhenes
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 10:22

1. Map Link: Still have to select Exif in one of the 3 text fields. However it now works when exif in text 3 is selected
2. When I click on a deep link to an image.....
a. the grey toolbar that is used for the thumbnail page is there instead of the toolbar that is used for the image. there is a share button instead of an 'x' in the upper right. There is an arrow on the left and the folder name is in the title bar.
b. the image navigation arrows are always there... won't go away if I tap and seem oddly placed
c. the navigation from image to image is very flickery
d. some images appear larger than usual and won't fit on the screen

Here is the picture link I am using:

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/#/kaya ... n-0001.jpg

When I click on a deep link to a directory with thumbnails everything works great.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

Michel Morel
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 10:41

Some problem with the custom exifs. I thinks it's not really a bug or errors but...
When i update "Imagevuex 2.7.6.5" to "2.8 b7", the exif information visible in the gallery are different.
For example, the "Keywords" appear in 2.8b7 version, but not in "2.7.6.5" version.
Also with anothers informations : "By-line (author)" or "copyright notice".
What code at added "in ivExifParser.class.php" ?
Did you have a idea why ?
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 11:24

alexhenes wrote:1. Map Link: Still have to select Exif in one of the 3 text fields. However it now works when exif in text 3 is selected
Right. I added some more fixes here so it will work properly in final release. The problem is that maplink is basically a part of the EXIF definition that needs to be loaded for an image after it is displaying.
alexhenes wrote:2. When I click on a deep link to an image.....
a. the grey toolbar that is used for the thumbnail page is there instead of the toolbar that is used for the image. there is a share button instead of an 'x' in the upper right. There is an arrow on the left and the folder name is in the title bar.
b. the image navigation arrows are always there... won't go away if I tap and seem oddly placed
c. the navigation from image to image is very flickery
d. some images appear larger than usual and won't fit on the screen

Here is the picture link I am using:

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/#/kaya ... n-0001.jpg

When I click on a deep link to a directory with thumbnails everything works great.
That's right. Unfortunately, the photoswipe module we are using for viewing images, we can't "land" on it for deep-linked images for mobile. So, we have built a basic landing page for deep-linking images for mobile. We will have to work on improvements for this later, but for now, it is very basic. The priority now was to work with the gallery browsing experience. Besides, if someone does arrive from a link, once they exit the image and view another one, they will see the proper swipe interface anyway. The important thing for now is that it works. Sorry, this will have to improve in later releases.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 11:28

Michel Morel wrote:Some problem with the custom exifs. I thinks it's not really a bug or errors but...
When i update "Imagevuex 2.7.6.5" to "2.8 b7", the exif information visible in the gallery are different.
For example, the "Keywords" appear in 2.8b7 version, but not in "2.7.6.5" version.
Thanks.
Thats right ... We added certain IPTC data fields like keywords, author ... basically items which have been populated purposely by the owner, so this will display on EXIF. We had the impression that if someone adds this to a photo, they want it to display no?

Michel Morel
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 12:03

mjau-mjau wrote:
Michel Morel wrote:Some problem with the custom exifs. I thinks it's not really a bug or errors but...
Thanks.
Thats right ... We added certain IPTC data fields like keywords, author ... basically items which have been populated purposely by the owner, so this will display on EXIF. We had the impression that if someone adds this to a photo, they want it to display no?
For me, not necessarily. Not yet.
In my case, i show only few exifs informations, but i write some exifs only for me (for mémory).
It's possible to add, in "ivExifParser.class.php", some lines for the new entries like
( 'Aperture', - 'FocalLength', - 'ISOSpeed', - //'ExposureBias', - //'Flash', - //'ImageDescription', ETC.).
Thanks

failax
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 12:08

I wait with little patience notes about the new video player :shock: :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 12:21

Michel Morel wrote:For me, not necessarily. Not yet.
In my case, i show only few exifs informations, but i write some exifs only for me (for mémory).
It's possible to add, in "ivExifParser.class.php", some lines for the new entries like
( 'Aperture', - 'FocalLength', - 'ISOSpeed', - //'ExposureBias', - //'Flash', - //'ImageDescription', ETC.).
Thanks
Looks like we gotta add more settings then, so you can disable IPTC data yet keep EXIF ...

alexhenes
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 12:35

That's right. Unfortunately, the photoswipe module we are using for viewing images, we can't "land" on it for deep-linked images for mobile. So, we have built a basic landing page for deep-linking images for mobile. We will have to work on improvements for this later, but for now, it is very basic. The priority now was to work with the gallery browsing experience. Besides, if someone does arrive from a link, once they exit the image and view another one, they will see the proper swipe interface anyway. The important thing for now is that it works. Sorry, this will have to improve in later releases.
That's cool... was just testing... I mostly use deep links to folders with images... rarely to an image itself.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 13:03

failax wrote:I wait with little patience notes about the new video player :shock: :D
This is already released. See demo:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/Vari ... isc/video/

failax
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 13:20

mjau-mjau wrote:
failax wrote:I wait with little patience notes about the new video player :shock: :D
This is already released. See demo:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/#/Vari ... isc/video/
I don't see video clips in mobile version, they are uploaded in flv format and one in mp4 format.I must do something different?

Michel Morel
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 13:24

mjau-mjau wrote:
Michel Morel wrote:For me, not necessarily. Not yet.
Thanks
Looks like we gotta add more settings then, so you can disable IPTC data yet keep EXIF ...
Oups ! :oops:
Sorry. I think I made ​​a mistake in the previous post (English is not my language).
I meant: Is it possible to add in the file "in ivExifParser.class.php" new entries ("Keywords", "By-Line (author)", "copyright notice", etc..) For that can enable or disable and thus make them appear or not? (as is already possible with, for example, - 'Isospeed' - / / 'ExposureBias', -).
Thank you for patience.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 14:09

failax wrote:I don't see video clips in mobile version, they are uploaded in flv format and one in mp4 format.I must do something different?
Sorry, then I misunderstood. We will not be able to add video player to mobile version in 2.8, else we will never get there. It is scheduled though, so it will be there in 2.9 within the summer months.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 14:13

Michel Morel wrote:Oups ! :oops:
Sorry. I think I made ​​a mistake in the previous post (English is not my language).
I meant: Is it possible to add in the file "in ivExifParser.class.php" new entries ("Keywords", "By-Line (author)", "copyright notice", etc..) For that can enable or disable and thus make them appear or not? (as is already possible with, for example, - 'Isospeed' - / / 'ExposureBias', -).
Thank you for patience.
I understood that. However, IPTC are not really part of the EXIF standards, and therefore they dont really have the right to live inside ivExifParser.class.php. If we added them, it would just be some ugly hack. Also, since this file is part of the core files, and it gets overwritten on upgrades, I am not sure if that is a nice solution at all. If we are to add this, I think we need a setting to display exif and/or iptc separately in a text item. Do you really need to be able to select what IPTC data you are going to display also, instead of just having an on/off toggle? IPTC is more like "if its added, and its enabled, we display it" .... unlike EXIF which has some boring data that needs to be filtered.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

12 Jun 2012, 14:30

Regarding EXIF, IPTC and XMP parsers. As of now you can either disable all Metadata or edit the ivExif/Iptc/XmpParsers and comment out the fields you don't need. But then the next time you update the gallery the changes will be overwritten.
firedev.com