Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

13 Jun 2012, 23:45

eskimo121 wrote:So what is the latest Beta version right now and can you point us to the download link for it? Looks like all the major problems have been solved. any ETA on the final release? this week? next week?
The lastest version is Imagevue X2.8 beta8

We would be almost ready to release, if not the multiple issues with the new media player which is our move towards universal .mp4 video playback. I can't name any dates but hope it won't take long to iron things out. If this won't work out, then we will have to replace the player and try again... This is the price of progress I guess.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

13 Jun 2012, 23:48

alexhenes wrote: Your browser's UserAgent string is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6300 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
Sorry but if you are not opening gallery with ?mobile=0, then it sounds like there is an issue with the phone browser itself. Like it is not supplying the correct UserAgent string every time. I don't think we can solve this, from my testing on the android phone I can testify that I haven't seen it mistakenly returning a flash gallery not even once.

Maybe you could try to refresh this http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ link and see if the user agent will change?
firedev.com

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

14 Jun 2012, 11:44

mjau-mjau wrote:
tschortsch wrote:Please have a look at this test gallery with your mobile phone. I would like to show a thumbnail for the folder "China" in the main menu but don't want the picture to be shown in the folder as I have other subfolders (Beijing, Shanghai, ...) in there. Is there a way to hide the picture or the like? Sorry for my circumbendibus!
I understand. We will think about this ...
I know you have to deal with lots of other issues but have you made any progress with the matter explained above?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

14 Jun 2012, 11:59

tschortsch wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:I know you have to deal with lots of other issues but have you made any progress with the matter explained above?
I am not sure how you expect us to solve this in a logical way. You have uploaded an image into the folder, and then you want Imagevue to guess somehow that it shouldn't show the image. It would need to be some hack some way, but we would need to focus on it, and right now we are busy trying to release Imagevue X2.8 mobile, so this will come first.

Right now when I check your gallery, in my opinion it certainly doesn't hurt to see the Chinese flag at the bottom below the menu ... After all, I am inside the "China" folder, and the flag just emphasizes it in an interesting way.

eskimo121
Experienced

14 Jun 2012, 14:06

:idea: Is there anyway you could add a function "Set as Wallpaper" (optional) if its not too much work?

:)
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

15 Jun 2012, 00:37

The problem with this is the interface we're using for the swiping, it intercepts user interaction and simply doesn't allow the browser to even display the callout.

We are thinking of a better mobile solution for the next version but it will not see the light of the day in 2.8.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

15 Jun 2012, 05:47

Let me expand my answer.
MikeR wrote:Is it possible that the link opens the standard mobile version (with resize, swipe....) when I open it on a mobile platform, and opens the standard flash version when I open it from a PC or MAC with flash installed.
If you share the image form the Flash gallery it sends the universal link that autodetects your devices and shows the appropriate gallery. Shares from the HTML galleries are handled by AddThis. Thank you for bringing this into the spotlight, we have fixed them so mobile gallery shares the universal link too. Now this is resolved at least. Unfortunately the Addthis share-by-email interface is a complete disaster on mobile so we plan to have our own email sharing subpage in the future.

The mobile landing page is not a replacement for the main gallery. We can't show any image we want in the swiping inteface this is why we use the landing page which is significantly improved since the last beta release.
firedev.com

pegasus-express

15 Jun 2012, 12:34

i don't know if anyone asked this, but is it possible to change the design of the mobile website?
not only white & dark.

i want to change the colours of the menu-buttons. but i don't know if this is possible

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

15 Jun 2012, 13:56

mjau-mjau wrote: I am not sure how you expect us to solve this in a logical way. You have uploaded an image into the folder, and then you want Imagevue to guess somehow that it shouldn't show the image. It would need to be some hack some way, but we would need to focus on it, and right now we are busy trying to release Imagevue X2.8 mobile, so this will come first.
I totally agree! Is it possible to deactivate the title of text pages in the mobile gallery somehow using custom css? This would work well if I set the folder as a textpage with no content..

mat321
Experienced

16 Jun 2012, 07:16

Hi,

I have just test the new beta (non-mobile), sorry if i post on the wrong place.

Lokks great, a little bit slow for now...
just two problem i saw :

1. when startpath is set to image whith a vidéo, when you close the video there is a white screen instead of the picture, think you have to come back to the thumb view...
2. on chrome an ie, the lightbox have scroolbar, it's not very cool and it go over the video...

If you want to see : http://www.teamlescollets.com/

thanks for update, looks for more test.

In-Picture

16 Jun 2012, 10:14

Hey Guys,

i dont know what i must do for the new Beta on my Website :-(

Without Mobileview is all ok but i look over the Mobileview, i become only a withe Site.
I hope anyone can help me ?

Sry for my english :)

My Page: http://www.in-picture.de/?mobile=0#/start/

Powerpackinfo: v2.1 (Imagevue X2.8 Only!)
Beta: Imagevue X2.8 β8

All settings in Mobile section are on default i have nothing change at the moment.

Theme: illuminati

Thanks Guys have a nice weekend.

UPDATE:

I testet now on a new blank installation. Same Problem.

http://dynamiccreated.de/testportfolio/?mobil=1#/start/

This install is clean without Powerpack. I must change anything on the php.ini? O_o

piraya

16 Jun 2012, 11:40

Hi,

I'm running v2.8 b8 on a IIS7 and when trying to use the Mobile version I get error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in X:\wwwroot\iv-includes\templates\mobile\index.html.phtml on line 176

Any settings I need to modify to make it work?

Kind Regards,
raja

In-Picture

16 Jun 2012, 15:21

Ok i found the Problem on my Site. I must be enable the HTML View now works the mobilefunction. With disable html view no chance to use this new feature!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

17 Jun 2012, 02:32

In-Picture wrote: I testet now on a new blank installation. Same Problem.
http://dynamiccreated.de/testportfolio/?mobil=1#/start/
This install is clean without Powerpack. I must change anything on the php.ini? O_o
At least this works http://dynamiccreated.de/testportfolio/?mobile=1
firedev.com

In-Picture

17 Jun 2012, 06:54

Yeah, this is a clean installation with default settings (HTML by default -> On)

On our Website (in-picture.de) works now too but only i have activate the HTML feature. But with this option Visitors can steal our pictures. Thats not cool.

What we need to do use the mobile function without the html function to activate?