X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue PowerPack

23 Dec 2011, 03:22

Hello guys.

I have few questions to you about powerPack.

I'm working now on final powerPack release and I would like to know whether it would not be better if the apearance settings of powerPack (colors, sizes, etc...) will be moved from main admin panel settings to theme settings?

This will reset your current powerPack settings but then you'll be able to make powerPack looks differently on different themes (it would be more flexible).
Also some of powerPack settings I think to integrate with imagevue settings:
- buttons colors,
- buttons opacity on hover / on mouse out...
- global shadows same like in your imagevue settings.
- thumbnail sizes, opacity, shadows, frame color, hover zoom and opacity...
- foreground and custom colors...
- and so on...

As mentioned - this will reset yur current powerPack settings, but maybe it will be more clear and better for you?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

23 Dec 2011, 03:28

weidy wrote:Hello,

Thank you. Yes it's about the Guesbook.

But where are the dynamic texts ?
I don't find the file....

They are in FLA file, (on timeline actions frame). You have to locate all code contains lines like below and change the texts (texts between quotes ""):
Code
gb_status_name.text = "Your Name:";
gb_status_email.text = "Your Email:";
gb_status_comment.text = "Your Comment:";
Note that guestbook is no multilingual!

weidy

23 Dec 2011, 05:20

Hello,

I made a French version :D
It remains to modify the buttons in French but I have not in this language ... (Send -> Envoyer and Clear -> Annuler)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

23 Dec 2011, 06:10

weidy wrote:It remains to modify the buttons in French...
The buttons labels are not placed dynamically by the code, they are as static text in buttons, so it's enough if you just edit them inside buttons.

BTW. In upcomming powerPack release will be integrated a better guestbook module :wink:

weidy

23 Dec 2011, 08:56

OK, thank you very much for your advice.

Now everything is in French! ... Until the new version of PowerPack ...

If anyone's interested, thank you contact me by PM.

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

29 Dec 2011, 14:56

Hi Artur,

Just had a chance to look into the Powerpack.
Great :D

I have a few questions regarding the pack though:

- For comments it now seems to use imagename.xml :
Thus if a filename exists more then once ... well it isn't that comfortable as both would use the same file.
Would it be possible to make this foldername.imagename.xml ?

- For Votes acutally the same applies:
In DB you store the imagename as a value for the id field.
Would it be possible to make this foldername.imagename =

By doing that you can have multiple files with the same name accross your gallery.
Which I have a few times in about 250.000 +pics

- Are you planning on incorporating emoticons perhaps?

- Is there a way I can parse a user variable to the comment userfield ?
My users need to login on a specific page to access the Flash Gallery so al users have a username stored in the session.
If I can set their username and lock editing it well that would be really awesome :)

These are things if possible I would also pay for :)
So please feel free to let me know.
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

29 Dec 2011, 19:54

Hi Patrick.

Well. powerPack is still in progress and I'm open on all suggestions.
Now (as was suggested) I'm working on new powerPack core.:

- Full CSS support,
- Better footer integration,
- Nice guestbook integration,
- Customization per theme,
- Multilingual (not only 2 languages but as much as you want),
- Without SWFAddress option required.

As far I have done almost everything (few bugs to fix) and I will work on new installator. I think new release comes within 2-3 weeks. Then I'll consider to implement all other suggestions :wink:

Thanks for your comment :wink:

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

30 Dec 2011, 04:56

Hi Artur,

Thanks for the reply :)

Good to hear it is still under development and you are willing to look into these options.

I have been working on a general way to at least make the Username variable available from my CMS.
The way I have now made it available (seeing as I use an Iframe to load Imagevue to incorporate it in my CMS) should work generally for all CMS.

Short explantion:
The hack makes use of setting the username variable in a session, applying it to a hidden input field, let Jquery then retrieve the value (needed because I load it from a another pagfe (iframe in my case)) and then assign it to a specific selector,class or id.

So in theory all we need for this to pass the user variable to the Powerpack Comment User field is:
A specifc id for the username input field of the comment system..
Besides that I would love to be able to make the username field a readonly field.

If my method works (and I have tried including it in Imagevue files already with succes) you should be able to offer people a comment system for Imaguevue which can use the 'usersystem' of the CMS which is used.

>> Just thinking out loud here, if anybody has other or better suggestions feel free to let us know :)

Seeing as Artur mentioned "- Full CSS support, " this might be even a step closer :D
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

tfm426
Experienced

30 Dec 2011, 05:06

Hi Artur
I am new and like your power pack i think moveing it so you can have a differant design is a good idea. Could you tell me how to add a hit counter to the footer like your site? i have a php one i wrote but it wont work. could you also tell me how you get the flyout at the top left to work on your site?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

31 Dec 2011, 07:34

Patrick_D1985 wrote:So in theory all we need for this to pass the user variable to the Powerpack Comment User field is:
A specifc id for the username input field of the comment system..
Besides that I would love to be able to make the username field a readonly field.
Sorry, but I'm not realy sure what you are trying to do... :oops:

Let say that you are super-user - SA, your gallery have other users with separate admin rights - user A have admin rights only in folder AA, user B in folder BB, and so on... If I well understand, you want disable powerPack admin rights in folder AA for user B, but still keep admin rights for you - SA and A, am I right?
tfm426 wrote: Could you tell me how to add a hit counter to the footer like your site? i have a php one i wrote but it wont work. could you also tell me how you get the flyout at the top left to work on your site?
The visited counter is a module which I bought there: -> CLICK <-.
I've edited it to work with my gallery :wink:
The "flyout"? You are about the text arround the menu, which is changed when gallery content is changed?
If so, this is a flash code which watching browser url (SWFAddress), and all the time when url is changed - this text is changed also...
More info at SWFAddress official site (search for SWFAddress.onChange() and SWFAddress.getValue()). :wink:

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

01 Jan 2012, 16:02

PowerPack v 2.0 BETA , only for beta testers just released :)

NOTE:
Beta version have no installator. Read "README" file before instalation!

Thanks to Karl, I could implement in this version many features. Some of the features:
  1. Work with swfaddress option enabled and without it;
  2. Full CSS support;
  3. Fully integrated with theme settings;
  4. Multilingual - you can specify as many languages as you want (hint about languages icons in README file);
  5. Improved footer - you can load images, swf's, or just use simple html text (Multilingual, eg: [english] [/english] ).
  6. Multilingual & themed Guestbook with CSS;
  7. And much more improvemnents...

And again - please report any bugs you find, because without your help I can't make it better :wink:
As mentioned - within next 2-3 weeks final version with installator will be ready, I hope you find some bugs, so I can fix them until final release.

DOWNLOAD

Spikefaery

02 Jan 2012, 22:16

looking beautiful, is it possible to have the html version of the site pull the contents from the guestbook database to display in html version somehow...
Sorry i'm new here

flo100

03 Jan 2012, 05:15

In Version 2 BETA . my comments will not be saved .

Guenter

http://www.gmphoto.de

voyezvousca
Experienced

03 Jan 2012, 07:57

for now, no problem found in this version 2.0 beta 8)

Good job!
My website using x3 : https://bit.ly/2EMEmNq
« La photographie est une brève complicité entre la prévoyance et le hasard. »

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

03 Jan 2012, 09:41

Spikefaery wrote:looking beautiful, is it possible to have the html version of the site pull the contents from the guestbook database to display in html version somehow...
Sorry i'm new here
Sorry, not yet.
Maybe after new imagevue HTML version it will be possible, I'll look into this :wink:
flo100 wrote: In Version 2 BETA . my comments will not be saved .
Was it works in previous version? I can't find anything wrong in comment system regards to this upgrade...
I'll try to find out what's going on.
voyezvousca wrote: for now, no problem found in this version 2.0 beta
Good job!
Thanks :wink: But perhaps you lie to me a little because your news module displays bigger thumbnails in bad possition :) (I need to fix this...)