X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

phall1
Experienced
Topic Author

Contact Form color of entered text

03 Feb 2011, 03:01

Hello
I am using the White Template and customizing it. I would like to use a different color other than White for the text that the user types into the submission field-- the text on the page is black, but the text one types into the submission field is white. I'd like it to be black. How can I do this?
Actually, I'd also like it in Helvetica, I'd like everything on my site in Helvetica (!) and would like the Orange Color n the "White Template" also simply to be black. But one thing at a time!
Many thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Contact Form color of entered text

03 Feb 2011, 03:49

Perhaps you have a link? All text colors in your gallery are set from your theme CSS stylesheet. Go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> edit theme stylesheet. You would be editing this:
Code
.textpage_forminput {
/*Sets styles for textpage form input fields. Make sure you use "0x123456" instead of "#123456" for color style because of some flash restriction*/
}
More information here:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/cssreference/

You can apply Helvetica as font, but it will only display for those visitors who have Helvetica installed in their system. Font-families work just like with html pages ... They display the first font if it exists for the visitor, if not, it selects the next font.

phall1
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Feb 2011, 23:51

I've working with a copy of a Theme which has allowed me of course to modify it extensively. I go to the Stylesheet area and it is

Stylesheet:
Sets what CSS stylesheet to load into the gallery for text formatting
imagevue.css

Thats all there is. Are you saying I should drop code into this textfield and hit "save"?

phall1
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Feb 2011, 20:45

I've been changing the fonts via the CSS file successfully, was just wondering if there is a way to do this in the Admin window without having to open the CSS in Dashcode, etc. Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Feb 2011, 11:48

phall1 wrote:Thats all there is. Are you saying I should drop code into this textfield and hit "save"?
YES. You can edit the CSS directly from the admin theme stylesheet editor. Just remember to clear your cache after making a change, so that old CSS doesn't load in your browser.

phall1
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Feb 2011, 05:36

Aaah, yes, I see! Thanks you Karl

carleokj

09 Jul 2011, 03:35

I have a question concerning this. I changes some CSS settings and now the input field on my contact page is black. What do I do to make it white?

http://www.gunnerysergeantassociation.y ... embership/

Martin
Experienced

09 Jul 2011, 04:28

carleokj wrote:I have a question concerning this. I changes some CSS settings and now the input field on my contact page is black. What do I do to make it white?
You probably changed the css of the theme stylesheet.
You can make it white by looking for .textpage_forminputback and changing it to:
Code
.textpage_forminputback {
	/* This specific class only supports the color style. Please use 0x color formatting instead of # */
	color: 0xffffff;
}

carleokj

09 Jul 2011, 04:53

Thanks Martin, I used FFFFFF instead of ffffff, didn't realize there was case sensitivity :?

Martin
Experienced

09 Jul 2011, 05:24

carleokj wrote:Thanks Martin, I used FFFFFF instead of ffffff, didn't realize there was case sensitivity :?
There isn't... so must have been something else...