X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

stan
Topic Author

LARGE BUTTONS DISAPPEAR / THUMBNAILSCROLLER SLIDER

16 Jan 2009, 06:05

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the new X2.
Great to notice you have solved quite a few problems I had with the beta version!

I do come across 2 other issues that I did not have with V2 beta:

-----------------------------------------------------
1. LARGE BUTTONS DISAPPEAR
The 'Large controls' do not appear over my image. They seem to be hidden under the main image, because if you are on the thumbnail page and click a thumb, you see the large buttons move to their position, but then vanish one way or the other.

http://www.squidbone.com/index.php?opti ... as_41.jpg/

Can you explain how to resolve this?

2. ELIMINATING THUMBNAILSCROLLER SLIDER
Then another issue is that I would like to eliminate the 'slider' underneath the thumbs in the thumbnailscroller. If I set the height of the bar to 0, it will have the default size I guess; it does not vanish. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Stan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Jan 2009, 02:23

1. In config, did you try setting controls.largecontrols.align - "inside_image"? By default they are set to display "outside_image" which means there is no room for them in your gallery ... You could also try to set it to "stage" since your embed size is static anyway ...

2. I think there is currently a bug that doesn't allow you to set 0 values for certain items - It will be fixed shortly in release 2.01. However, I am not sure how this would turn out. Most likely it will render the scroller invisible. In the meantime, you could set it to 1 of course

Really nice concept designs there btw.

stan
Topic Author

18 Jan 2009, 18:32

In config, did you try setting controls.largecontrols.align - "inside_image"?
Yes, tried all 3 options but no luck...

I did add the wmode parameter in the template
{allowScriptAccess: 'always', allowFullScreen: true, bgcolor: '#FFFFFF', wmode: 'transparent'}
to keep the dropdown menu on top of the images, could this be part of the problem?

Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jan 2009, 01:08

ok, allow me to look into this issue for next release 2.0.1 ... In the meantime you could set so that "click" on image went to "next" ...

stan
Topic Author

10 Feb 2009, 05:18

Hi Karl,
ok, allow me to look into this issue for next release 2.0.1 ...
Just installed the new X.2.0.1. but the large buttons are still vanishing underneath the image...
In the meantime you could set so that "click" on image went to "next" ...
I cannot set it that way because of the other bug 'gallery lockup' as explained here:
Any idea if this can solved?

Thanks,
stan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2009, 05:31

hmm, i was looking at this a few days ago, but I couldn't even understand how the other alignment methods worked ... I had to leave it out, but I will look into it for an imminent release 2.0.2 in a few days!