Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

safe
Topic Author

Shadow problems on 29/10 beta version ?

12 Nov 2008, 16:32

Hi,

if someone can help me, since i install the 29 october beta version, shadow on images and thumbnails doesn't seem to work. I tried to check theme settings ( actually gardener ) but it doesen't work.

Thank you by advance.

PhotoFolio
Experienced

14 Nov 2008, 09:11

I would tell it works but not the way I like ;)

First, to make it work, you have to 'enable' it in the style/globalshadow section of the used theme. If not, there're no shadows at all, but that sounds correct as this is the place to set the shadow's parameters and activate it or not.

My wish is to activate the shadow only for image thumbnail; even if it is enabled (thumbnails/thumbnails/thumbnail/shadow is set as TRUE), it will work only if globalshadow is also set to TRUE (enable).

Unfortunately, when globalshadow is enabled, the following shadows can't be desactivated (there is no trigger to do it) :
* Imagebuttons shadow
* thumbnailscroller shadow
* thumbnail shadow on rollover
* page or picture scroller cursor

I succeeded to do it in the previous version, but it seems we lost the feature activate the shadows the way we want during the config/setup reorganization. Hope it will be fixed soon ;)

safe
Topic Author

14 Nov 2008, 15:02

I tried with other themes and it doesn't seem to work. I follow your suggestion and it doesn't work. I try to change parameters but it doen't work ...

@+

PhotoFolio
Experienced

14 Nov 2008, 15:08

It should work as I did the tests 3 days ago and checked again today for the previous post.
How did you configure the shadow ? which colors ?
Did you erase your browser's cache ... sometimes some changes need this in order to be visible immediately ?

safe
Topic Author

17 Nov 2008, 14:21

ok it works now. Next time i will take more time for test. Strenght value was too low and i realize that mini and maxi was different with the new release.

@+

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Nov 2008, 01:44

safe wrote:ok it works now. Next time i will take more time for test. Strenght value was too low and i realize that mini and maxi was different with the new release.
Yes, sorry - Some release ago we changed the theme/configs a lot, including changing from decimal value (0-1) to percentage value(0-100) meaning 0.5 is almost invisible. That's why we recommended to update all config files after that specific release.