Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjm383
Topic Author

Disable save & download in mobile Gallery

14 Aug 2013, 17:22

Maybe this has been explained before but I cannot find an explanation on how to disable the saving and downloading of images on the mobile gallery. Can any one explain how to disable this please.
Also as i do not own an iphone, what is the pop up asking to save gallery to home screen for? Maybe its a dumb question but was contacted tonight by a friend saying it was annoying when trying to view my gallery.
Any help on these would be appreciated guys.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Disable save & download in mobile Gallery

15 Aug 2013, 04:20

mjm383 wrote:Maybe this has been explained before but I cannot find an explanation on how to disable the saving and downloading of images on the mobile gallery. Can any one explain how to disable this please.
First of all, are you trying it from 1st user perspective? If you are using the normal "swipe" interface, it is in fact not possible to download images directly. However, most are asking us how to enable download of images from this interface ... It is a normal native function of a smartphone to be able to access the images being viewed, through a native interface ... There may be some vendor-specific implementations we could work to prevent the menu that allows download of an image, but as discussed so many times before in this forum, what is the use? As long as you are displaying public photos, they are available to download for any user who wants to get hold of them ...
mjm383 wrote:Also as i do not own an iphone, what is the pop up asking to save gallery to home screen for? Maybe its a dumb question but was contacted tonight by a friend saying it was annoying when trying to view my gallery.
It is a method to add the gallery on their phone "desktop", for a faster experience outside of the browser. Did you try it yourself? Its a small window that can be closed in 0.5 seconds and will not show up again in consecutive visits.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

15 Aug 2013, 04:31

You can't remove 'Add to Home Screen' popup (without editing the files at least). But it is displayed only once so it shouldn't be a problem.
firedev.com

mjm383
Topic Author

15 Aug 2013, 05:42

Thanks Karl for the reply,
I understand what you are saying but making it a little harder to copy or download somehow would be a nice option. Could, as you said somehow being able to prevent this menu be added to an update.

No i have not tried to save to my desktop as I was not aware of this pop up until yesterday, I take it this is an Apple thing ? My friend said that it popped up a few times while viewing my galley on his mobile and he found it annoying.

Nick, Can there be an option to remove this pop up added to an update. Or an explanation of how to edit the file (i am useless at this)

Thanks guys

Martin