X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

Limited paths galery

30 Jul 2015, 12:54

Hi there,

It was feasible in X2, so I ask in case of... is it possible to limit the access to a certain path of the site ?

I would like (if possible) to create an alias "clients.ehretic.com" pointing to "www.ehretic.com/clients", but only what under /clients would be visible, no way to come back at www root with this alias.

Or, a central admin that can administrate both...

Anything existing ? Sorry always to come with crappy questions !!! :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Limited paths galery

31 Jul 2015, 00:48

Unfortunately, and without going into great detail, this is just not possible. Although you could point the subdomain clients.ehretic.com towards ehretic.com/clients, it would still display the same page. The only reason why a similar concept was possible with X2, is that you could change the content path dynamically from url parameters ... Not only was/is this slow in X2, it would not be compatible with necessary caching mechanism in X3. Additionally, it is not really compatible with the menu, footer and global settings in X3.

I think you would just need to consider a solution with logins and hidden galleries. As far as I can understand, if you want a clients section entirely separate from the main gallery, essentially it would an entirely different website?

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Limited paths galery

17 Aug 2015, 09:32

Hi,

I've finally chose to have separate websites. It doesn't bother me so much.

Of course, central admin is always easier, but I don't have 20 websites ! :D