Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

calimero
Topic Author

using deeplinks with "useswfaddress" enabled ( powerpack )

06 Dec 2011, 07:18

hello again,

blown away reading the news about the powerpack, i just tried to integrate it - so far, so good:
voting works, news works - everything's fine, except:

my category-deeplinks don't work anymore sadly.

if i turn on "useswfaddress", which is required for voting-system, it doesn't matter which link i use, it's always the startup-folder which is shown.
turning off "useswfadress" brings me back to the state that deeplinks are working fine, but voting-system and comments won't work :(

tried different types of links to categories:
Code
...imagevue/?startpath=/content/mycategory/&theme=mytheme.css
-> works having "useswfaddress" disabled ( so it is now )

read this post : https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... ess#p14783 and tried to change type of link to
Code
...imagevue/?startpath=/content/.../#/content/mycategory/&theme=mytheme.css
-> also works, having "useswfaddress" disabled

and yes, i'm using the gallery in an iframe, called "gallery", which is a given parameter in the upper example-links ( target="gallery" ) - everything works, as intended, only enabling the "useswfaddress"-switch causes the problems.

i really like to combine using my own menu and get the advantages of the fresh powerpack... any hints for me?

link to site: http://www.catching-moments.net

many thanks in advance!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: using deeplinks with "useswfaddress" enabled ( powerpack

06 Dec 2011, 23:27

The reason as to why it is not working correctly on your website is quite simple - You are using a custom index document for embedding the gallery, and in iframe to embed the gallery (instead of the default Imagevue index.php). This is encapsulating imagevue "inside" your own document so that SWFAddress does not work correctly.

I am not 100% sure it will work like this, but you can try the following. Add these scripts into your main container page:
Code
<script type="text/javascript" src="/2.0/gallery/iv-includes/assets/js/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/2.0/gallery/iv-includes/assets/js/swfaddress.js"></script>
I am not 100% sure this will work with your iframes, but it is worth a try.

calimero
Topic Author

07 Dec 2011, 09:41

thanks for your hint.
sadly, it doesn't make any differences.
i've included your two lines in the index.htm, but every categeory-link takes me to the site, declared as startpath in the gallery-setup :(

any other ideas, what i could change to make it work?
thanks again in advance!

@edit: i won't hold on the iframe-thing, if there is any other way to make it work while still be able to use my own category-navigation ;)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Dec 2011, 03:03

calimero wrote:@edit: i won't hold on the iframe-thing, if there is any other way to make it work while still be able to use my own category-navigation ;)
Best way to go:

1. First run the gallery set up as you want from the default index.php (with everything working)
2. Click "view source" in your browser, and copy all the code.
3. Paste this code into your html editor of choice.

Now you have the default correct code, working with SWFAddress, and the option to modify the layout. For example, use <div> tags or <table> to build your layout ... and you will probably need to change the 100% width/height settings for your imagevue SWF, depending on how you want it embedded. Not saying this is without challenges, but it is the way to go for a custom layout ...

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

20 Dec 2011, 17:02

It seems that soon powerPack will works independently of the SWFAddress option. Thanks to Karl :wink: .

calimero
Topic Author

21 Dec 2011, 15:26

It seems that soon powerPack will works independently of the SWFAddress option. Thanks to Karl
this would be really cool ;)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

09 Jan 2012, 09:39

calimero wrote:
It seems that soon powerPack will works independently of the SWFAddress option. Thanks to Karl
this would be really cool ;)
The V2.0 beta release is now working without swfaddress, so you can try it :wink:

calimero
Topic Author

20 Jan 2012, 08:33

installed v2.0 and it seems to work without SWFAddress enabled, basically. nice!

anyway, only the first category shows off the powerPack-buttons ( news, rate, comment.. ) -> category animals ( use bubble on top most left to test ).
pp is installed in all other themes, but doesn't show.
also the news-plugin only shows news rates and comments, but no new images. checkbox ( save to news ) while uploading was / is enabled!
any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

21 Jan 2012, 05:46

Hello.

I think it's because you are using multi-themed gallery (other theme for each folder), and powerPack installator is not designed for this type of installations (it's made for typical usage - install in desired theme and replace files depends on currently used theme).

You can try re-use all created themes (just click "Use" button) in your powerPack installator and for each used theme switch to "Files Manager" panel and replace files.
Also CSS should be reinstalled for each theme if you are using different CSS settings in each theme.

Eg.:
1. Click "Use" button on "theme1" (theme1 will be in use)
2. switch to "Files Manager" panel and replace files.
3. switch to "CSS" panel and reinstall CSS stylesheet.
4. Go back to "Themes Manager";
5. Click "Use" button on "theme2" (theme2 will be in use)
6. switch to "Files Manager" panel and replace files.
7. switch to "CSS" panel and reinstall CSS stylesheet.

8. and so on for theme3, theme4, ...

calimero
Topic Author

22 Jan 2012, 13:15

hi,

works brilliant. did it the way you suggested - quite a few clicks, but working as intended.

one more thing - perhaps you haven't noticed it, i had already written about in the initial post:
the news-plugin only shows news rates and comments, but no new images. checkbox ( save to news ) while uploading was / is enabled!
any ideas?
thanks ;)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

29 Jan 2012, 00:41

Sorry for late reply.

Isn't this issue fixed after reinstalling powerPack on all themes?
I'm not realy sure where can be the problem. I'll look closer on this as soon as possible.

calimero
Topic Author

29 Jan 2012, 05:40

Isn't this issue fixed after reinstalling powerPack on all themes?
definetely not.
as written: new rates and comments work well. but no new photos are shown :(

PP has been installed in all used themes in the meantime.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

29 Jan 2012, 11:32

I've analysed your site and I think that all your folders are hidden, 'm I right?
Script in IndexController.php will not update new photos when image is uploaded into password protected or hidden folder.
You can change this editing this file manually (iv-admin/controllers/IndexController.php).
Find lines:
Code
if ($this->_getParam('saveNews', false)) {
	if ($folder->isHidden()) {
		echo "file hidden";
	}else if ($folder->hasPassword()){
		echo "file protected";
	} else {
and replace by:
Code
if ($this->_getParam('saveNews', false)) {
	if ($folder->hasPassword()){
		echo "file protected";
	} else {
Keep in mind that if you'll upload any images in your private hidden folder (if you have any), then others can access those images by news module.

calimero
Topic Author

30 Jan 2012, 16:05

I've analysed your site and I think that all your folders are hidden, 'm I right?
ähm, no. none of the folders is hidden ( referring to the hide/unhide functionality in admin-section on top right of each folder... )

anyway, i'll try your suggestion, but:
i've had one folder, which was password-protected.
but new comments and ratings were shown in your plugin, even with a thumbnail of the image ( which is in the pw-protected folder! ).
and i made no changes to the php-file ;)
perhaps you may have a look at this "feature" ;)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

30 Jan 2012, 23:50

calimero wrote: new comments and ratings were shown in your plugin, even with a thumbnail of the image ( which is in the pw-protected folder! ).
This I know. But I've never thinking that people may want commenting / voting own pictures in own hidden / protected folder :wink: I'll change this in final V2.0.

Regards to your problem with new photos. I'm afraid I can't help you without access to your FTP, because I've checked all files but I can't find anything...