Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

palmerozo
Topic Author

Contact form bcg color

03 Aug 2011, 01:46

Hello !

I would like to change contact form background color (match with my navigation color) and keep rest of my theme colors how it is right now.

I have been trying find right css style code but I've found only
.textpage_forminput {

.textpage_forminputback {

How I can do this ?

thank you ...

Martin
Experienced

Re: Contact form bcg color

03 Aug 2011, 06:28

palmerozo wrote:I would like to change contact form background color (match with my navigation color) and keep rest of my theme colors how it is right now.
Yes, you were looking in the right direction. Try to add the following code to the CSS of your theme and experiment with the values:
Code
.textpage_forminput {
	/* You need to specify all required styles in this class because they are not inherited from the main textpage class because of restrictions with input fields in flash. 
	Please use 0x color formatting instead of #  
	font-family onyl supports a single font value. Make sure its a font that is globally supported*/

color: 0x624301;
	font-size: 15;
	font-family: Arial;
}
	/* This specific class only supports the color style. Please use 0x color formatting instead of # */
	color: 0xefc976;
}

palmerozo
Topic Author

04 Aug 2011, 00:01

Hi Martin ...

I've been trying, but no luck.
Maybe you can help me.
Background color I would like to add is 0xF4F4F4

I've changed code for this one:
Code
.textpage_form {
      font-family: Arial,Verdana;
      font-size: 13px;
      letter-spacing: 1px;
      background-color: 0xF4F4F4;
}
.textpage_forminput {
	/* You need to specify all required styles in this class because they are not inherited from the main textpage class because of restrictions with input fields in flash. 
	font-family onyl supports a single font value. Make sure its a font that is globally supported*/

color: 0xFFFFFF;
	font-size: 13;
}
	/* This specific class only supports the color style. Please use 0x color formatting instead of # */
	color: 0xD4D4D4;
any suggestions ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Aug 2011, 12:46

Palmerozo: Looks to me like you changed .textpage_form, which only set the color of TEXT, whereas you should be setting the color in .textpage_forminputback. Also, remember to empty your browser cache after updating the CSS.

If it is still not working, please include a link to your gallery.

palmerozo
Topic Author

04 Aug 2011, 14:41

maju-maju

Still nothing..
Code
}
.textpage_form {
}
.textpage_forminput {

color: 0xFFFFFF;
	font-size: 13;
}
	color: 0xF4F4F4;
}

looking for #F4F4F4 (same as menu) color, but contact form menu is displaying #EEEEEE

link: http://www.anetawisniewska.com/gallery/ ... t/contact/

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

04 Aug 2011, 17:15

But there should be changed all textpages color, not ".textpage_forminputback" and ".textpage_forminput" (what change only imput-textfields) ... :roll:

You have this correct:
Code
.textpage_form {
So, the only thing you can do now is set the background opacity and shadow to the same as you have for menu (or change menu opacity and shadow to the same as you have now for background...).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Aug 2011, 01:55

Palmerozo: Your red arrow points at the textpage background ... This is not really anything to do with the form, as it is your textpage background on ALL textpages, not only the contact form. The CSS is for editing formatting and colors for TEXT only. To edit colors of elements like the background, you need to edit your theme.

Go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> textpage.background.color ...

correiax
Experienced

08 Mar 2016, 17:04

Hi
is it possible to add a background picture to the contact form?
I tried to place a single image by loading a gallery module but is stays before or after the contact form when I wish to place it over the picture.
(X3)
Thanks
RC
:mrgreen:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Mar 2016, 00:24

This is an old X2 post from 2011. Please post in X3 forum regarding X3 ...
I tried to place a single image by loading a gallery module but is stays before or after
Obviously, because an image loaded is not a background image.

Where do you want the background image? Covering the entire page, or just the contact form? This is custom stuff for web developers ... We can't just include this as settings, how would it work?

This could be solved by adding a body class to the page, and applying some custom CSS. It's not as easy as you think it is though, because where will you attach it? What about mobile devices?

correiax
Experienced

09 Mar 2016, 17:07

Hi
I would like to use picture as background and placing the contact form over it.

would be this recommended for that? please see link below
http://www.123contactform.com/docs/how- ... ll-screen/

decreasing opacity in the contact form would be also nice to have.
as seen in this example:
http://bootstrapbay.com/thumbs/themes/B35SQBX.jpg
(maybe I could apply here the same CSS *you wrote in other post, for reducing opacity)

thanks!
RC

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Mar 2016, 00:13

correiax wrote:would be this recommended for that? please see link below
http://www.123contactform.com/docs/how- ... ll-screen/
Yes it would be something similar to this. However, this is just slapping an image behind the form. Will it be behind the MENU also? How should it look on mobile devices?
correiax wrote:decreasing opacity in the contact form would be also nice to have.
as seen in this example:
http://bootstrapbay.com/thumbs/themes/B35SQBX.jpg
(maybe I could apply here the same CSS *you wrote in other post, for reducing opacity)
Well, yes but X3 doesn't have a box behind the form because there is no background. It could likely be done with custom html+css, but you need web design experience to add such customizations. Also, you need to consider mobile devices. I can't just offer codes for screenshots of traditional website pages.