Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Html version

04 May 2013, 05:52

grimurnet wrote:Where is the settings I can control the amount of thumbs I want in a row.
For instance if I want to have 10 thumbs side by side or as many as fit (depending on screen size).
I would question slightly what you mean by "10 thumbs or as many as fit". Imagevue already sets an area for thumbnails, which expands on large screens, but also has an upper limit. You can see all related settings under Admin -> settings -> thumbnails.thumbnails. There are settings for MAX size and MIN size, where thumbnails render within, and then there is a MARGIN setting to set minimum margin to the screen edges. Also, there is a setting for forcing horizontalamount and verticalamount, but this is not recommended unless you have Imagevue at a specific size embedded in a web page.

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

04 May 2013, 06:15

mjau-mjau wrote:
grimurnet wrote:Where is the settings I can control the amount of thumbs I want in a row.
For instance if I want to have 10 thumbs side by side or as many as fit (depending on screen size).
I would question slightly what you mean by "10 thumbs or as many as fit". Imagevue already sets an area for thumbnails, which expands on large screens, but also has an upper limit. You can see all related settings under Admin -> settings -> thumbnails.thumbnails. There are settings for MAX size and MIN size, where thumbnails render within, and then there is a MARGIN setting to set minimum margin to the screen edges. Also, there is a setting for forcing horizontalamount and verticalamount, but this is not recommended unless you have Imagevue at a specific size embedded in a web page.
But is that not only for flash? I need it for html

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 May 2013, 00:55

grimurnet wrote:But is that not only for flash? I need it for html
Right. Sorry, I did not pay attention to the original topic. Nick may be able to help you with this, however I will need to fill you in on some information: The HTML gallery was made without any settings as it was just supposed to be a fallback solution to the flash gallery. Currently, it even falls between the mobile gallery and the flash gallery, so it has been even less focus to us. Likely you will need to edit PHP code to make this happen, and although that may not be too complicated, we do not offer a framework for this in mind.

I assume Nick may be able to suggest how to limit thumbnails, although its certainly part of PHP code.

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

05 May 2013, 17:22

I'm willing to do some changes to the html code, just if you can point out what and where I have to do some changes.
I'm also curious to know if there is any new stuff in the works on a new html version. If it is going to be and when? It would be nice to have a new similar gallery as the flash version implemented into a new dedicated html version with new menu and so on. And also maybe some settings and themes/templates in the admin to work with. I'm just playing around with fancybox 2 mixed with imagevue and some minor changes to have the thumbnails fade in if they are loaded.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 May 2013, 02:07

We do have new plans, but I admit the plans themselves have been going through changes lately also. There is so much going on in technology, not only in terms of devices/screen, but also in frontend technology. Also, there are several ways to host images and offer the administration. I have not been fully satisfied with solutions we have been looking into yet. Feel free to drop me a private note about your own expectations and ideas ...