Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

doctork
Topic Author

How to enable downloading from mobile gallery?

08 Apr 2014, 13:04

Hello,
I was looking through the forum and saw a lot of questions about how to disable or block a possibility of downloading pictures, so I have the opposite question.
Also,
I'm using only the mobile version of Imagevue and I need to keep it that way, sharing is only available when you're inside the folder or on the main page of gallery and etc, I can't see the sharing button when i'm viewing the single picture from my smartphone or tablet and have no clue how to enable if it's possible, in my field of usage it's really important as the availability for downloading. Any suggestions?

Imagevue X2.8.10.3

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How to enable downloading from mobile gallery?

09 Apr 2014, 00:52

doctork wrote:I was looking through the forum and saw a lot of questions about how to disable or block a possibility of downloading pictures, so I have the opposite question.
The mobile version does not really have many settings for this. The reason why you currently can't download, is when you are in the slideshow-swipe interface. The reason why download disables itself, is because of the intricate nature of the javascript that handles swiping gestures, which also blocks tap-context-link toggle.

The only way to currently enable download context menu on mobile, is to change the layout view so it lists images vertically in scroll instead of having them in a swipe-slideshow. That setting is under admin settings -> Mobile -> Folder View Mode https://d.pr/i/A3II

This will change with Imagevue X3, which is still some time from release.

doctork
Topic Author

15 Apr 2014, 12:35

Well, thank you. So I'm definitely waiting for Imagevue X3.

One more thing.

At the bottom of the mobile page I'm having my company's phone number so on the first load from the iOS, mobile device recognizes it like a phone number and i can make a click to call but after any iteration on the page like going under the gallery (bottom bar stays) our device can't recognize it like a phone number so click to call is unavailable, is it something related to the imagevue or it's something about iOS and the mobile browser? From the Samsung devices it does not recognize phone number at all. But I believe if i'll make an empty html page which is going to have just a phone number in the body of the document and open it using the same mobile devises it's going to see the phone number and recognize it to make the click to call available.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Apr 2014, 12:52

Do you have a link to your gallery? There are some html attributes that can be applied to elements so that devices easier recognize the item as a phone number ...

doctork
Topic Author

15 Apr 2014, 13:00

Sure

mobile.yannidesignstudio.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Apr 2014, 03:10

You added it through Imagevue admin settings I assume? Try adding it with a link, like this:
Code
<a href="tel:+18474199999">+1 847 419 9999</a>
If that does not work, try removing the "+" character in the HREF, as I am not sure it is supported in the protocol. If this does not work, then I dont know ... nothing Imagevue is doing to remove the above at least.

The above code, is the official html markup to tell browsers this is a phone number to be clicked for phone-enabled devices.

doctork
Topic Author

16 Apr 2014, 13:06

It did work! Thanks.