Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

SEO Improvement Idea

01 May 2009, 21:03

I discovered this SEO trick hosting a blog and hope ya'll will consider it for X2.

Currently the browser header shows:
For The Home Page: (SITE TITLE)
For Folders: (SITE TITLE) - (FOLDER TITLE)
For images: (SITE TITLE) - (IMAGE TITLE).

X2 orders them this way for both the flash and html galleries.

In order to emphasize content for SEO how about inverting these:
For Folders: (FOLDER TITLE) - (SITE TITLE)
For images: (IMAGE TITLE) - (SITE TITLE)

It might be good for the HTML pages...and maybe one day if and when google learns to find deep flash links (dreaming a bit).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 May 2009, 08:46

Thanks for the tip ... Of course, it will not currently have any effect for the SWF gallery which simply uses a javascript to change the title.

TITLE is of course important, but I have also heard that google reads upto 10 words in the title, and then cuts out the rest.

I prefer the structural logic of site - page, but we will take this into consideration.

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

04 May 2009, 10:21

Thanks for considering it -;)
M

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Aug 2010, 13:07

It's fairly common knowledge these days, especially amongst the blogging community, that search engines prioritize the first words in a title.

...& that best SEO practices dictate page & subject titles be prioritized over site title. Something that is backed up by the Doc I mentioned offline.

With that in mind, I hope you will reconsider.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Aug 2010, 02:18

markam24 wrote:It's fairly common knowledge these days, especially amongst the blogging community, that search engines prioritize the first words in a title.

...& that best SEO practices dictate page & subject titles be prioritized over site title. Something that is backed up by the Doc I mentioned offline.

With that in mind, I hope you will reconsider.
Yes I agree, this should be changed for the HTML gallery. However, as I mentioned, it has no effect for the main flash gallery. Google only reads the main opening title of the flash gallery(which you edit in Settings), because Google does not see any other "pages". The titles on sub-pages in Imagevue are set from javascript, and don't really have anything to do with pages as far as Google is concerned.

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Aug 2010, 13:18

Yes. I did mean the HTML galleries. Appologies for not being clear re: that.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: SEO Improvement Idea

24 Nov 2010, 03:18

Just a short notice to this post. We have now changed the order in the page <title> for both the Flash- and the HTML gallery. This feature will be available in a new version to be released later this week.

Page ‹ siteTitle

Also included is a fix that strips away html tags from the page title.

Old:

New: