Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

aradan
Topic Author

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent

11 Apr 2013, 06:33

After update from 2.8.6 to 2.8.9 at Admin panel:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 6477 is not allowed to access /var/tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/***/***/www/iv-includes/include/getid3/getid3.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/***/***/www/iv-includes/include/getid3/getid3.php:22) (/iv-includes/include/ivControllerFront.class.php:115)

Gallery doesn't work!
Can't change any settings!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent

11 Apr 2013, 09:28

I believe you should contact your hosting support about this issue. They should be able to fix it. Also you should mention that safe mode is deprecated in php and will be removed.
firedev.com

sallybelgium

17 Apr 2013, 09:55

Last time I could resolve this issue with adding a php.in to my root where I put safe mode = off
But this upgrade I have the same things again....I can`t get it to work anymore :-(
I contacted my hosting company and they confirmed me that the restriction was off.

I checked with imagevue-check.php and everything is fine according to this test page....safe mode gets a green V.....

The errors however .... stay

Before loggin in the admin part I can see :
Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 921 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/**************/WEBSITE/iv-includes/include/getid3/getid3.php on line 22

Once logged in, I get errors like this :
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/************/WEBSITEACC/iv-includes/include/getid3/getid3.php:22) (/iv-includes/include/ivAuth.class.php:94)

:cry:

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

17 Apr 2013, 23:22

Even if they say safe mode is off it is clearly on:
SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.
I believe you have to contact them again and ask them to fix it for you. It might be solved using some special permissions on files. Strange that they deny the facts.

Have you ever thought about changing the hosting provider?
firedev.com

sallybelgium

18 Apr 2013, 08:10

Solved

Hi Nick,

I contacted my hosting company again, and at last they solved the problem for me. I already put a php.ini file in my root with safe mode =Off, but appearantly this wasn`t enough for this upgrade (before it worked).
Now they put a php.ini file themselves with a little more than just safe mode in it :D

I attach the file, so maybe other people can benifit from it too ;-)
Hopefully it helps others as well.

Greetz
Attachments
php.zip
(14.14 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

22 Apr 2013, 02:35

Thankfully safe mode will be removed from a future versions of PHP. Glad it is solved for you.
firedev.com