Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jwinney
Topic Author

Latest Demo Version Zip file CHMOD's

22 Mar 2013, 21:25

Well I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the latest demo version working on my hosting.
Because I have Wordpress installed it made matters worse because trying to access the gallery folder just gave a Wordpress 404.

The security of the files in the zip file are set to 777 and quite rightly my host has blocked them.
Can you update the zip file so all the permissions are already correctly set?

Many thanks

John

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Latest Demo Version Zip file CHMOD's

24 Mar 2013, 10:13

jwinney wrote:Well I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the latest demo version working on my hosting.
Because I have Wordpress installed it made matters worse because trying to access the gallery folder just gave a Wordpress 404.
Sorry, but Imagevue runs entirely separate from Wordpress. If you are getting a Wordpress error when trying to access the Imagevue gallery folder, it means you have a conflicting URL path from within your Wordpress installation. Try renaming the gallery folder name, and post a link to me so I can take a look ... We run Imagevue and Wordpress side-by-side here on this server just for reference.
jwinney wrote:The security of the files in the zip file are set to 777 and quite rightly my host has blocked them.
Can you update the zip file so all the permissions are already correctly set?
We don't actually set any permissions on files locally. Instead, permissions are set when you upload the files to a new location. Permissions are set for the location the files are stored ... Either you have some strange settings in FTP on upload, or this issue would get solved when fixing the first issue anyway. How do you know that your server is blocking your uploaded files?

We don't set permissions in the Imagevue files that are packed in the ZIP, never did and never will do ...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Latest Demo Version Zip file CHMOD's

28 Mar 2013, 00:00

I believe you should contact your hosting support.

Also it might an .htaccess file in wordpress preventing you from accessing Imagevue folder. In that case I would suggest to temporarily rename the hidden .htaccess file in the root of your site first and see if it changes anything.
firedev.com