Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

davidjame
Topic Author

[Help] Version X2.8.1 have some error!

10 Jul 2012, 03:41

After extract the source imagevuex28.zip to my root, the folder imagevue.x2.8.1 was set CHMOD 0777 and an error 500, I had to CHMOD 0755 to my gallery to work.
My gallery is work. Okay!
Admin work. Okay!
But! Have some error in admin
Language problems:
When my add new a language and save it, but appear Cannot create folder iv-config/language/ Can't save language file new.xml
I try to save many times, but the homepage appear a popup error

Errors:

* Cannot create folder iv-config/language/

Themes problems:

I can't create new a theme
When i create a theme in folder iv-includes/themes, it have an error all my site :
Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /home/***/domains/***/public_html/up/iv-includes/include/ivXml.class.php on line 192

Help me please...!

davidjame
Topic Author

Re: [Help] Version X2.8.1 have some error!

10 Jul 2012, 03:47

And i can't Upgrade to last version 2.8.1
my old version is 2.7.6

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jul 2012, 14:59

davidjame wrote:I can't create new a theme
When i create a theme in folder iv-includes/themes, it have an error all my site :
First of all, what do you mean"create a theme folder in iv-includes/themes? Are you manually uploading theme folders then? This is not the way to create a theme. You create a theme from the admin themes page, and then this gets saved in the iv-config folder (not iv-includes).

So first of all, you should not be uploading themes manually with FTP, as that will create errors. Also, did you set permissions for the iv-config folder?
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/sett ... rmissions/

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

19 Jul 2012, 03:02

Looks like you hosting provides imposing additional restriction on files, it might work if you will change permissions to 777 on content folder and it's content, but it's better to contact your hosting support and ask them for the proper configuration so PHP can write to files and folders.
firedev.com