Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Loading Bar

21 Dec 2012, 03:01

It is strange ... I already have a pending issue with another user about this. I nailed it down to the server simply not serving the filesize and fileloaded sizes to flash properly for some strange reason. We have a fix coming in the weekend which will stop the loading bar from going in negative direction at least, so it wont look that weird ...

When did this start occurring?

Shane Shane

21 Dec 2012, 18:21

Good question. Recently. I would have to say after my update to 2.8.6.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Dec 2012, 00:26

Shane Shane wrote:Good question. Recently. I would have to say after my update to 2.8.6.
All I can say, is that nothing was changed with preloaders in 2.8.6, or even 2.8.*. Originally, I would suspect this might have been something related to the new flash player, which caused a problem recently. However, since this would be related to the client/player, it would cause this issue to occur on all galleries you view ... and it doesn't since it works for others including the Imagevue demo gallery. Neither is it browser related, and with this in mind, the only conclusion is that it is server related somehow ...

The good news is, we are offering a fix after the weekend, that will at least prevent the preloader going negative ... We may also offer an optional "rotating circle" preloader, that does not indicate load rate, but simply indicates "loading".

justwildlife
Experienced

28 Dec 2012, 01:51

After updating to v. 2.8.6, I'm also seeing this strange behavior irrespective of what browser I use.

I checked in IE10 and Chrome and both are showing loading bar in negative direction.

Also in Firefox, it is showing the folder details which is strange and it opens up all the data for anyone to mis-use.

I hope these two issues might be resolved in next release.
Wildlife and Nature Photographer

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Dec 2012, 02:10

This is something strange that seems to apply only on some servers. I will be studying it closer ...
justwildlife wrote:Also in Firefox, it is showing the folder details which is strange and it opens up all the data for anyone to mis-use.
What exactly do you mean? You mean when you access a folder on your server, it lists all the content? This is not related to Imagevue, but instead your server settings. It should be set up so that folder indexing is not viewable, like on our server:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/content/start/

justwildlife
Experienced

29 Dec 2012, 03:04

mjau-mjau

Just type following link for your demo gallery :

https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/

You will see what I mean.

Also see the attached .PDF showing screenshot of my website in Firefox.
Attachments
firefox-error.jpg
firefox-error.jpg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 4486 times
Wildlife and Nature Photographer

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Dec 2012, 02:59

justwildlife wrote:Just type following link for your demo gallery :

https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/

You will see what I mean.
I see the flash version of the Imagevue demo gallery when I click that link, and rightfully so!
justwildlife wrote:Also see the attached .PDF showing screenshot of my website in Firefox.
Either you have disabled the flash player, or didn't install it yet ... or you have disabled javascript somehow. 100%. What you are seeing there is the Imagevue html fallback-version, which only appears if the viewing device does not have Flash AND is not a mobile device.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Dec 2012, 23:41

Regarding the progress bar (preloader), we have now released Imagevue 2.8.7 with some fixes for this:
https://www.photo.gallery/updatelog/imagevue-x2-8-7/

By default, we have now activated a new "spin" element instead of the preload "bar":

If you wish to revert to the previous preloader progress bar, this can be changed under admin -> settings -> settings.image.image.progress_bar.