Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

funmsa
Topic Author

ImageVueX don't work fine on IIS with a lot of images

12 Dec 2011, 18:12

Hello,

Here msg when I add a new folder with ~1000 images to process (thumbnail was already processed) through admin thumb creation (I add sub folders by subfolder and do a refresh from thumb page creation into admin section)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in MY FOLDER]\iv-includes\include\ivMapperXmlFolder.class.php on line 485

It s look like a problem of slow processing folders (I put all needed right on folders and all extensions are actually installed GD2, EXIF) on IIS. What I want it

=> Accelerate folder and sub folder scanning on IIS
or
=> Add setting to only scan current folder, if something change in sub folder let imagevue scan it only when we link in through admin to the sub folder or by the "Gallery Menu" access => Better performance I think the full subfolder scanmust only be process by admin console never by user. It's time a big time consuming (imagine 1000 users acceding simultanly to the web site, for each of them a full subfolder scan is needed ?

Anyone had same problems with IIS and lot of picture? Nobody find useless to scan all folders @each call vs only scan current folder and let in admin console to do more deep scan if needed to refresh website ?

Fact : It's for internal web site (don't ask me a access it's impossible), I could not change IIS (imposed), PHP is in version 5.3.8

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: ImageVueX don't work fine on IIS with a lot of images

20 Dec 2011, 06:03

Like I was saying in email this is related to Windows + IIS combination. On some servers the folder creation date doesn't get updated or is updated incorrectly. We could probably implement a workaround if we could get access to the server.
firedev.com

InoculateIT
Experienced

Re: ImageVueX don't work fine on IIS with a lot of images

26 Dec 2011, 10:56

funmsa wrote:Hello,

Here msg when I add a new folder with ~1000 images to process (thumbnail was already processed) through admin thumb creation (I add sub folders by subfolder and do a refresh from thumb page creation into admin section)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in MY FOLDER]\iv-includes\include\ivMapperXmlFolder.class.php on line 485

It s look like a problem of slow processing folders (I put all needed right on folders and all extensions are actually installed GD2, EXIF) on IIS. What I want it

=> Accelerate folder and sub folder scanning on IIS
or
=> Add setting to only scan current folder, if something change in sub folder let imagevue scan it only when we link in through admin to the sub folder or by the "Gallery Menu" access => Better performance I think the full subfolder scanmust only be process by admin console never by user. It's time a big time consuming (imagine 1000 users acceding simultanly to the web site, for each of them a full subfolder scan is needed ?

Anyone had same problems with IIS and lot of picture? Nobody find useless to scan all folders @each call vs only scan current folder and let in admin console to do more deep scan if needed to refresh website ?

Fact : It's for internal web site (don't ask me a access it's impossible), I could not change IIS (imposed), PHP is in version 5.3.8
Go through your php.ini settings and IIS settings and finally restrictions ;)

Im running my site on 2008 / IIS7 with no problem :)
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...