Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Lio
Experienced
Topic Author

Still problem on FB share button

02 Nov 2011, 12:03

You can see here the 2 different situation. In both situation I was sharing the same photos: for the first one I've used the button "More" then I choosed Facebook.
For the second one I used the Facebook button.
So it seems to me that the FB futton still don't work, but it's that button that people uses. There is something I can do to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance
Lio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Still problem on FB share button

03 Nov 2011, 00:26

What do you mean "The Facebook button"?

We made the facebook share button for the first one, and this works. For the second one, I don't know what you mean, but I assume you mean the Facebook "like" button? Unfortunately, we don't have any control over this button, and "like" usually points to root of the gallery anyway. Please explain what Facebook button you are referring to ...

Lio
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Nov 2011, 09:55

mjau-mjau wrote:What do you mean "The Facebook button"?

We made the facebook share button for the first one, and this works. For the second one, I don't know what you mean, but I assume you mean the Facebook "like" button? Unfortunately, we don't have any control over this button, and "like" usually points to root of the gallery anyway. Please explain what Facebook button you are referring to ...
Here the 2 situation:
the first one (the right one is using this

the second one (the wrong one) is using this

It's normal that people uses the big FB button rather than look for FB in a list. It's for this reason I think there is something I did wrong.
Thanks again
Lio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Nov 2011, 22:33

I checked our demo gallery, and they work fine from there. See for yourself in our demo gallery.

small button in the addthis menu:

Big button in dropdown:

I also tried the BIG button from your site, and this is what I see ...

I can see there is something with the link, but not sure what it is ... I think I know that it is related to one or more of the following though:

1. You have SWFAddress disabled. Imagevue or flash can not handle deep linking without the SWFAddress (#/content/location). How did you expect to be able to link to a specific image?
2. You are using ápóstróphés in your actual folder names. I don't know fi facebook likes this, because it needs to convert the characters. This is not allowed from the Imagevue admin interface (just to make things like this work), so I assume you must have created folders manually.
3. You have disabled both titles and descriptions? This will leave empty values for this ...

I am 100% sure it is related to one or more of the above ...

Lio
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Nov 2011, 12:39

Thanks Karl for the suggestions.
I did many change now and it seems to work almost decently. I've disabled the title and description because of the problem on the exif file. If I enable them, the result are in displaying sometime the copyright as title, sometime a number: never the right thing :cry: :cry:
And because we cannot solve the exif problem, I have had to hide all.

About the point 2.... I have imported all my folders in ImageVue from a previous gallery program, but in my language it's impossible to avoid the use of apostrophe or accent.

Anyway I think the actual situation is acceptable so thanks again
Lio

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Nov 2011, 01:11

Lio wrote:About the point 2.... I have imported all my folders in ImageVue from a previous gallery program, but in my language it's impossible to avoid the use of apostrophe or accent.
As long as your gallery works, this is not really a problem. However, we usually require strictly standard latin characters for physical folder names, because some servers choke on apostrophes and other extended characters. However, this is why we have the TITLE field in the admin, where you are allowed to use ANY character (even cyrillic, chinese etc.) because this is stored in XML. Titles simply replace the folder name displaying in your gallery, so it would be normal to have a setup like this:

foldername: "somethingsimple"
title: "Sómëthîng more complex with spaces and any characters"

Just for reference ... Glad you got it working!