Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMLPictures
Topic Author

Problem with Video Thumbnail Showing

09 Jul 2011, 14:10

Hello Everyone,
I am having an issue with the video showing the thumbnail I uploaded. In the admin page it shows the correct thumbnail but when you view the site it shows the first part of the actual video. The site is JVGreenFilms.com. It's the first thing that loads. As you can see it shows the big green preview screen when it should be showing a picture of one of the main characters. Any ideas of what to do? Thanks.

Josh

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Problem with Video Thumbnail Showing

10 Jul 2011, 03:15

Sorry, I am not completely sure what you mean ... If you have a folder with only a single video, it will not display any thumbnail at all but instead display the fie directly. Why would a user want to access a folder and then have to click a single thumbnail to get to the file? Are you saying your intentions are to display a single thumbnail as the startpage in your gallery?

JMLPictures
Topic Author

10 Jul 2011, 15:21

Normally yes that would be the case, just wanting to display the file but in this case it's a clients site and he is wanting a specific image to be showing first. Then you click it and it will play the video. Any work around for this? Thanks.

Josh

Crash
Experienced

10 Jul 2011, 18:05

Wow, pretty sweet that imagevue instinctively shows the only file in the folder but I suppose our man might want to have people see the whole folder description first or whatever.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Jul 2011, 03:40

JMLPictures wrote:Normally yes that would be the case, just wanting to display the file but in this case it's a clients site and he is wanting a specific image to be showing first. Then you click it and it will play the video. Any work around for this? Thanks.
Do you have a link perhaps so I can see exactly why it should be like this? The workaround would be to simply use a different folder for "the specific image", and then use some parameters so that when the image is clicked, it links to the video ...

JMLPictures
Topic Author

11 Jul 2011, 13:58

www.JVGreenFilms.com is the site. The very first thing it loads is what im talking about.

Josh

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jul 2011, 08:35

Can you try to add the following in your "folder parameters" for this folder, and tell me if it makes any difference:
Code
settings.startmode=thumbnails
If not, there is another workaround we need to implement ...

JMLPictures
Topic Author

14 Jul 2011, 21:15

I added that and it did not change anything. I emptied browser cache just to be safe.

Josh

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jul 2011, 04:16

JMLPictures wrote:I added that and it did not change anything. I emptied browser cache just to be safe.
Then you need to add a more tedious workaround, since this can not wait until we make an option for this.

1. Go to admin -> settings -> settings.attributes.image ... Add the "link" item.
2. Create a new folder, and add the same image/thumbnail as you have in your video folder.
3. Click "hide" to hide the folder.
4. In folder parameters for this folder, set:
Code
image.image.click=link
5. Click to edit the image. In the "link" input field, add direct link directly to the video. Something like: /#/content/folder/video.flv.
6. Go back to settings -> settings.startpath, and set your new folder here.

In effect, this means your gallery will show the new folder with a single image representing the video. Clicking the image will take the visitor directly to the video, which is in a different folder.

JMLPictures
Topic Author

23 Jul 2011, 14:40

That worked! Thanks for the help! Any way to make it so it doesn't display the link in the address bar? I have it set not to show full addresses. If not no worries. Just was wondering.

Josh

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Jul 2011, 04:59

JMLPictures wrote:That worked! Thanks for the help! Any way to make it so it doesn't display the link in the address bar? I have it set not to show full addresses. If not no worries. Just was wondering.
Hmm ... I wasn't aware that you had disabled SWFAddress ... This is why it opens in a new windows instead.

Can you try to add the following code and see what happens?
Code
/#/content/start/RUNNERS_FINAL_CUT.flv*_self