X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

marco963
Experienced
Topic Author

"UNDEFINED" error

19 Jun 2011, 17:46

Hi all.

In my website, a problem sometimes occurs: clicking on one of the folders of the main menu the thumbnails are not loaded as it would normally happen, but an error message appears: "UNDEFINED - click here to open file in new window".
The problem doesn't seem to be dependent on a specific folder.

Does anyone have experienced the same issue ?

Regards,
Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: "UNDEFINED" error

19 Jun 2011, 23:16

If anyone wants the link to check the gallery, it is here:
www.marcobrivio.it

marco: I would consider disabling the click to go to fullscreen for some testing and see if it makes any difference. As mentioned here, I did not find any "undefined", but there were a few visual irregularities when clicking quickly between folders ... none when clicking normally between folders though, and I am curious on what events to get to the "undefined" ...

Martin
Experienced

19 Jun 2011, 23:41

mjau-mjau wrote:If anyone wants the link to check the gallery, it is here:
http://www.marcobrivio.it
Wauw... great collections of photographs... You travelled a lot :)
But besides that... I did not encounter any problems when clicking on the folders in the main menu... the thumbnails always appeared...no problem with any of them...
... and there were a lot :D

marco963
Experienced
Topic Author

29 Jun 2011, 06:35

Hi Karl, Nick.

The problem is still present, even after the latest X2 releases.
As you can see from my website log, it sometimes happens that the "undefined" page appears, with different browsers and OS.
As I wrote previously, this event happens both when the "Undefined" string is displayed in the middle of the stage, and when nothing happens (after having clicked an image folder, the related thumbnails are not loaded as it usually happens).

Thanks,
Marco

Crash
Experienced

29 Jun 2011, 15:56

Well, all I can say is, it loaded OK for me in Firefox, Windows 7 x64 blah blah.
It served up all the thumbnails just fine. It looked great. I had a good blast through your gallery and no trouble came up.

If I try and visit "http://www.marcobrivio.it/#/undefined", it comes up with the background, menu but no gallery (like you would expect). Very odd.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Jun 2011, 08:17

If you have some incoming links or even internal links that are outdated, the resulting page may display /undefined ... Maybe some users are trying to access parts of your gallery in some other way by amending the URL also? This could also lead to the /undefined tag ...

marco963
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Jun 2011, 09:02

mjau-mjau wrote:If you have some incoming links or even internal links that are outdated, the resulting page may display /undefined ... Maybe some users are trying to access parts of your gallery in some other way by amending the URL also? This could also lead to the /undefined tag ...
Karl, the same problem happened to me (I sent you the "undefined" screenshot) and I can assure I used correct links and a normal behaviour.
I tried to disable the "auto maximise" flash feature, but evidently it was not the root cause of the problem.
Since it is not a problem we can easily reproduce I well understand it is difficult to fix it.

If you think you could insert some debugging information in the flash code, I can test it and send you a log file you can use to find out the problem, let me know...

Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Jun 2011, 12:32

I am sure you are right and that there may be some event where you managed to get the /undefined in some unfortunate combination. Can you try something for me? Try to disable the SWFAddress module? This is the main suspect in issues like this ...

The problem for us, is that since we can not strictly speaking reproduce this, it is very hard to diagnose also. You can already diagnose the loading events yourself by using firebug ... Obviously you will get to a point where it trying to load something that is not defined ...