Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

simply
Topic Author

start folder on admin/manage

09 Aug 2010, 19:31

under manage "start folder" when i add image it uploads fine then i go to try it and the photo takes up the whole screen when the intro page is opening, after i have sized on adobe before uploading. shouldn't it automatically size by default i am new to all this,help! :?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Aug 2010, 04:39

The slideshow or filemod you are using on the startpage is a special module that is not part of the standard gallery viewing. This is your intro image(s) displayed, and you should resize them upfront to a versatile size before upload.

localhost
Experienced

Re: start folder on admin/manage

01 Jun 2012, 11:26

Hi Karl,

I have an issue with my start page... I have uploaded it as 900x600 (same size as the other album) but when I am viewing it it's actually smaller probably 800px at the long end.... any reason why? thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Jun 2012, 12:42

localhost wrote:Hi Karl,

I have an issue with my start page... I have uploaded it as 900x600 (same size as the other album) but when I am viewing it it's actually smaller probably 800px at the long end.... any reason why? thanks!
Same size as what other album? What is "it" you have uploaded? Please provide me with a link, and I will take a look ...

localhost
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 23:25

If I load up my flash page it was designed to go to the START page which I reckon has slightly smaller images...
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/#/start/

When you start browsing the menus for my photo albums it shows up the right image size which is 900px at the long end.
eg. http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/#/se ... Edit-2.jpg

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Jun 2012, 06:20

I have checked your gallery and can't see anything wrong. The START page using filemod loads images and does NOT resize down the images no matter screen size, so they are displayed in original size. However, when viewing an image directly in the gallery as in your second link, the image may scale down to fit within the browser.

I did check the images in your folders. In the START folder, they are all 800px wide:
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/cont ... g_0909.jpg

In your Seascapes folder, they are all 900px wide:
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/cont ... Edit-2.jpg

There is nothing wrong here technically speaking.

localhost
Experienced

02 Jun 2012, 08:17

mjau-mjau wrote: I did check the images in your folders. In the START folder, they are all 800px wide:
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/cont ... g_0909.jpg

In your Seascapes folder, they are all 900px wide:
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/cont ... Edit-2.jpg

There is nothing wrong here technically speaking.
Hi Karl, thanks for the quick response.... That's exactly my problem. I want the start page to be at 900px and not 800px. I have uploaded the start page content at 900px originally but it looks like imagevuex automatically resize or shows them to 800. I want the size of the start page to be consistent with my other album.... If you know what I mean....

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Jun 2012, 08:42

localhost wrote:Hi Karl, thanks for the quick response.... That's exactly my problem. I want the start page to be at 900px and not 800px. I have uploaded the start page content at 900px originally but it looks like imagevuex automatically resize or shows them to 800. I want the size of the start page to be consistent with my other album.... If you know what I mean....
Imagevue only resizes them if you tell it to resize them through the uploader:
This setting is off by default, and for your other folders you have apparently not used it. Not sure why you have used it for the start folder, but that is why your pics are 800px wide. If you want them bigger, then just delete the existing ones, and re-upload and don't check the resize box (or set it to 900).

localhost
Experienced

02 Jun 2012, 16:18

Hi Karl,

Yes I have the resize images upload to 900px in the long end. -- ALL the time.
And yes, I have deleted the images and/or deleted the entire start folder afresh but keep resizing them to 800 even though i specifically uploaded them to 900.

If you want, i will create a user for you and try to upload image in there to see for yourself..

localhost
Experienced

02 Jun 2012, 20:24

Karl, here's another troubleshooting that I did..

I have deleted all the images inside the START folder and then navigate to my other folders which is 900px in long end. I copied a few photos from other folders (remember they are 900px in size). I cleared my cache then navigate back to the START page... and guess what it's still resized back to 800px. :cry:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jun 2012, 14:07

localhost wrote:Hi Karl,

Yes I have the resize images upload to 900px in the long end. -- ALL the time.
And yes, I have deleted the images and/or deleted the entire start folder afresh but keep resizing them to 800 even though i specifically uploaded them to 900.

If you want, i will create a user for you and try to upload image in there to see for yourself..
Yes, I will need to diagnose this by trying myself. Imagevue doesnt resize images, this is 100% guaranteed. The only item that resizes images, is the uploader ... You have apparently been able to upload them at 900px in the other folders, but not this specific folder?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jun 2012, 14:11

localhost wrote:Karl, here's another troubleshooting that I did..

I have deleted all the images inside the START folder and then navigate to my other folders which is 900px in long end. I copied a few photos from other folders (remember they are 900px in size). I cleared my cache then navigate back to the START page... and guess what it's still resized back to 800px. :cry:
I checked your gallery again, and the files you have copied over are showing up, at 900px:
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/cont ... 0-Edit.jpg
http://www.larryanda.com/photosets/cont ... 5-Edit.jpg

Those images above are certified 900px width, and the only way they would not be, is if your browser is caching old pictures.

localhost
Experienced

04 Jun 2012, 00:19

mjau-mjau wrote:
localhost wrote:Karl, here's another troubleshooting that I did..

Those images above are certified 900px width, and the only way they would not be, is if your browser is caching old pictures.

I have deleted my cache already and still the same...
I will try to use a computer at work today that never visited my website and will report back...

Also, last night, by accident... I export an image from Lightroom with 1024px in size and uploaded to one of my folder with "RESIZED TO 900px bounding box" check and to my surprised it did not automatically resize to 900px as I have told imagevuex software.

The existing images I have in my website has been exported via lightroom to 900px but still uploaded with the "RESIZED to 900px bounding box" check...

Now, I found two issues..... I'm not sure if it's the same from the 2.7 version as I'm now using 2.8B

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

04 Jun 2012, 01:19

If resize on upload wasn't working it is fixed in the latest v28 beta at least.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jun 2012, 02:00

All I can say is that there is no way that Imagevue by accident is scaling down your images from 900px to 800px. Either you must have accidentally set the resize to "800" instead of "900" the first time you uploaded there, or you copied over some images that were 800px in the first place as the resizer will not upscale images.

Now Nick mentioned above that there might have been an issue with the resizer in the uploader, which would explain why it did NOT resize your latest batch upload ... although this is a separate issue.

If I am going to look further into this, I will need login to your admin.