X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amanuensis
Experienced
Topic Author

Uploading single image error

04 Aug 2008, 12:56

Hi

I have tried uploading a single image using the admin upload facility.
When I click to upload the chosen file to upload and then click the button to upload it flashes very quickly the error message 'Server(IO) Error' in the upload queue area of the admin, and no image is uploaded.
Any ideas?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

05 Aug 2008, 02:25

Please PM url and login/pass to admin and maybe later we'll ask you about ftp, thats 3rd case with uploading, and they all seem to be server specific, I feel we need to investigate those cases and try to add more descriptive error reporting.
firedev.com

cstevens
Experienced

10 Sep 2008, 07:32

I get an Error 406 uploading either a single or multiple files to a new folder.
CM Photography - www.cm-photos.co.uk

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

10 Sep 2008, 08:39

Unfortunately we dont have resolution for occasional uploader errors, its SWFupload issue. For the unlucky - go into Config>Settings>DisableSWFUpload and try without it. We added some gmail-like uploader for that matter.
firedev.com

cstevens
Experienced

10 Sep 2008, 09:50

Done that and now I would have to upload each image individually...if in fact there was a button to "upload" I select an image and then it does nothing.

Having to upload images manually rather than dumping hundreds in via ftp (as I do currently) will unfortunately bring me to the end of my relationship with imagevue after 3 years!

cstevens
Experienced

14 Sep 2008, 12:51

Looks like I am looking for another piece of software then.

The ability to dump huge amounts of files via FTP was a deciding factor in using your software previously, V2 is a major step backwards IMHO.

PLUS the fact that I cant load ANY images is kinda useless....not happy I waited months and months for this to find I now need to look elsewhere.

Never did see my free copy either, not sure if any other Beta testers did?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Sep 2008, 14:07

cstevens wrote:Looks like I am looking for another piece of software then.

The ability to dump huge amounts of files via FTP was a deciding factor in using your software previously, V2 is a major step backwards IMHO.
You can still use FTP just like before to create and manage files and folders. In fact, I still use it myself because it's faster and more intuitive. Full management from the admin is just a bonus to the many users who want to control everything from admin. I don't see how that can be any step backwards ...
cstevens wrote:PLUS the fact that I cant load ANY images is kinda useless....not happy I waited months and months for this to find I now need to look elsewhere.
I am not quite sure what you mean here ... Apparently you have a problem with the uploader. The multiple-file-uploader technology is very specific, and unfortunately, there seems to be some servers that can't handle it. That's why we also integrated the next-best option, which was a google-style multiple file uploader for those servers that are having problems with the true multi-file uploader. There is a reason google are also using this uploader, even though they own their own server ... Have you tried any other online applications that allow multiple-file uploads from your server? I wouldn't mind knowing, because that might give us clues on further improving the upload module, which we are already doing.
cstevens wrote:Never did see my free copy either, not sure if any other Beta testers did?
How can I give you a free copy of something that's already free to download for all users(including yourself and all the other beta testers)?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 Sep 2008, 14:31

Sorry, feels like some misunderstanding, ofcourse you can use FTP to upload any amount of pics, thats what I do myself.
firedev.com

cstevens
Experienced

14 Sep 2008, 15:15

Er, yes, does sound like a misunderstanding, I am sure I read a post that FTP doesnt work.

Right, off to go and try FTP now!!!!

Hopefully that will work and I feel like a wotsit! Thanks :oops:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Sep 2008, 04:23

Just remember you still may need to access your admin and use the "Clear Cache" once in a while(after uploads). This is so that Imagevue can cache filecounts and thumbnail details into XML.

Of course, you also need to use the admin for thumbnail creation and titles/description - Remember to set permissions(777)!