Search…

marcinm
Topic Author

Image size

22 Aug 2014, 17:21

Hi,

I can not upload file bigger like +-2MB

My server accept up to 128MB

Also when I upload via FTP direct to folder the imagevue has problem with generate thumbs and cutting the image to +- 1000px x 1000px

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Image size

23 Aug 2014, 03:45

marcinm wrote:I can not upload file bigger like +-2MB. My server accept up to 128MB
I doubt very much your server accepts 128MB uploads through http. That is the memory amount your website is allowed to use ... Your upload size is limited to 2MB set from the server unfortunately.
marcinm wrote:Also when I upload via FTP direct to folder the imagevue has problem with generate thumbs and cutting the image to +- 1000px x 1000px
How large images are you uploading? Your server is not capable of resizing very large images because of the memory restrictions. You can except Imagevue to be able to create thumbnails and resize images at something around max 1400x1400px, but this depends on a few things. Also, if you upload images larger than 2880x2880 px, the images will get cut off because Flash has a limit on how large images it handles in a single display. Why would you have images this large though? They are not meant for the web, and will be scaled down anyway, leaving the user waiting/downloading much larger images than they would be able to view ...

marcinm
Topic Author

23 Aug 2014, 07:14

mjau-mjau wrote: I doubt very much your server accepts 128MB uploads through http. That is the memory amount your website is allowed to use ... Your upload size is limited to 2MB set from the server unfortunately.
PHP ini upload_max_filesize- 128M ok?
I have upload file larger like 2MB when i have chosen option : HTML upload so Flash uploader has a problem with larger files.
mjau-mjau wrote: How large images are you uploading? Your server is not capable of resizing very large images because of the memory restrictions. You can except Imagevue to be able to create thumbnails and resize images at something around max 1400x1400px, but this depends on a few things. Also, if you upload images larger than 2880x2880 px, the images will get cut off because Flash has a limit on how large images it handles in a single display. Why would you have images this large though? They are not meant for the web, and will be scaled down anyway, leaving the user waiting/downloading much larger images than they would be able to view ...

How do you know size of my server memory?

I tried upload via Flash but maximum up to +- 2M
When I use HTML accept up to +-10MB.
Finally I did upload via FTP file size 11.2 MB PNG and the thumbnails was generated.
Nothing bigger.

So up to 2880 px and +- max 11MP when you want show maximum quality of your photo. No good because we have 4K screens.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Aug 2014, 01:17

ok, so do you have link to your gallery so I can take a look?
marcinm wrote:So up to 2880 px and +- max 11MP when you want show maximum quality of your photo. No good because we have 4K screens.
4K TV screens ... you mean you are gonna watch Imagevue web gallery on ultra HD TV screens? This is not what your visitors are viewing from, and few wish to wait to for 5+ MB files to download when viewing a web gallery. Also, it will cause problems on mobile devices. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the SWF 2880x2880 image size restriction.