Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

tfm426
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

10 Jun 2012, 08:09

failax wrote:Videos in flv are not displayed in mobile version, it is normal?
Yes I know this but there was talk when 2.8 came out about surpport using mp4 I know this means video will have to be uploaded in both formats but that is fine

failax
Experienced

10 Jun 2012, 12:20

I tried to put a mp4 video file, but nothing appears.

alexhenes
Experienced

10 Jun 2012, 20:18

A couple more ideas...

1. Tool Bar
I like that when the toolbar title is left empty in the admin that is displays the name of the current folder. However the site menu plus sign is a little misleading when the current folder is displayed in the title bar. Might be cool have the site menu open in a manner that it is SCROLLED to the current folder. I know the current folder is highlighted in the site menu... however... for sites with a large number of folders... like mine... you can't see that the current folder is highlighted because it is off the screen.

2. Back Button / Back Arrow Consistency
The back button on the image is a button with an arrow and the word "back". The back button at the folder level is an arrow that is incorporated into the title bar. Would be nice if they were consistent. The image has a title bar with the image name on it... why not use the same back button... or even the same tool bar format.

My site is www.merelyafleshwound.com
My phone is HTC Incredible Android

Thanks
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 13:01

MikeR wrote:1/ I'm' using some images as a link (internal link to a folder) and for now it seems the link on a image doesn't work.
The image is not displayed, there's a cross instead.
Do you mean for the mobile version or for the flash version?
MikeR wrote:2/I saw it's possible to "hide" folders specially for the mobile version.

But for now, it's not possible to "hide" folders used as a link. It's only possible for folders used as : folder, textpage, filemod.
Did you upgrade to latest? You toggle folder display for flash/html/mobile for links now also.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 13:32

tschortsch wrote:
Nick wrote:Imagevue X2.8 β7
  • javascript:colorbox(url [, { params}]) shortcut for links
How does this work, could you please provide an example? My links do not open at all.. :cry:
Sorry, I believe its:
Code
javascript:lightbox(url [, { params}])
For example:
Code
javascript:lightbox('https://www.photo.gallery', {iframe:true, width:90%, height:90%})
or
Code
javascript:lightbox('path/image.jpg')
* For external inline content like images, you need not add any parameters. For full pages or modules like google maps, or other pages, you need to add the iframe parameter, and also define width/height because it cannot get this from the loaded content.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 13:38

tfm426 wrote:Hi I have created a folder for video for iPad and made it show only on mobile site all is fine but when I put a mp4 in to this folder with FTP it will not show on iPad. I have checked the file and if I load it to iPad with iTunes it plays.
Currently, the mobile version does not support video yet, although this is intended. It will not be ready for initial release, but we will be releasing an minor update in not so long, where the mobile version will support mp4 video.

We are already releasing a new Beta shortly, with a new solution for the video that will support mp4 files in the flash version also. This is a step in the direction of having a video player that works for ipad/iphone also, and other platforms.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 13:43

This is explained here:
viewtopic.php?p=30564&f=1#p30564

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 13:49

tfm426 wrote:
Yes I know this but there was talk when 2.8 came out about surpport using mp4 I know this means video will have to be uploaded in both formats but that is fine
Let me clear a few things: Current version pending for release, the flash version will support mp4 video. This is for the benefit of being able to create MP4 files and have them available for all platforms, not only the flash version, but also mobile devices. Soon we will support mp4 video also in the mobile version, and with this, you can basically have one video for all devices.

failax
Experienced

11 Jun 2012, 14:23

mjau-mjau wrote:
tfm426 wrote:
Let me clear a few things: Current version pending for release, the flash version will support mp4 video. This is for the benefit of being able to create MP4 files and have them available for all platforms, not only the flash version, but also mobile devices. Soon we will support mp4 video also in the mobile version, and with this, you can basically have one video for all devices.

I've noticed various times that it need only to change extension in .mp4 instead of .flv to let some video player read them..Hope it will be the same, so no further conversion will be needed.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 14:31

alexhenes wrote:I like that when the toolbar title is left empty in the admin that is displays the name of the current folder. However the site menu plus sign is a little misleading when the current folder is displayed in the title bar.
Why is it misleading with the plus sign when the current folder is displayed i the title bar? I don't see what the difference is by keeping a global title there ... Basically this is the title toolbar which tell you where you are. Click it, and you get the main menu to navigate elsewhere.
alexhenes wrote:Might be cool have the site menu open in a manner that it is SCROLLED to the current folder. I know the current folder is highlighted in the site menu... however... for sites with a large number of folders... like mine... you can't see that the current folder is highlighted because it is off the screen.
I think this might be a bit confusing, clicking the menu button, and having the page jump to some middle of menu. We are after all on touch screen devices which are incredibly easy to scroll, and when it always starts on top of page when you open the menu, at least you know where you are. The menu may not be 100% optimal for large folder structures, but that is why we added it unobtrusively.
alexhenes wrote:2. Back Button / Back Arrow Consistency
The back button on the image is a button with an arrow and the word "back". The back button at the folder level is an arrow that is incorporated into the title bar. Would be nice if they were consistent. The image has a title bar with the image name on it... why not use the same back button... or even the same tool bar format.
First of all, we have already changed this in the latest release. The back button is now simply an arrow-graphic, while in photo mode, it is a close button on the upper right. Why like this you may ask? We tried to work with a consistent interface between the standard mobile toolbar, and the toolbar for photos, however: A) The photo view mode looks much nicer in black, so it doesnt synchronize with the theme. B) For photo mode, we feel it was much more intuitive with an (X) close button, just like they have for windows or lightbox layers, and especially because this is what it really is. The "back" button is more like a browser "back", while for the photo mode, it doesnt necessarily go "back" between images. Instead, it closes the layer.

MikeR
Experienced

11 Jun 2012, 15:27

mjau-mjau wrote:
MikeR wrote:1/ I'm' using some images as a link (internal link to a folder) and for now it seems the link on a image doesn't work.
The image is not displayed, there's a cross instead.
Do you mean for the mobile version or for the flash version?
MikeR wrote:2/I saw it's possible to "hide" folders specially for the mobile version.

But for now, it's not possible to "hide" folders used as a link. It's only possible for folders used as : folder, textpage, filemod.
Did you upgrade to latest? You toggle folder display for flash/html/mobile for links now also.
Thank you Karl, it's OK for the 2nd point. I can uncheck the mobile version in the settings. The problem is from PowerPack, when I install the Last Powerpack, I can't uncheck the mobile version for the "link" folders.

For the 1st point, for now, the same problem remains only on the mobile version (Ipad and Iphone). ( I'm' using some images as a link (internal link to a folder) and for now it seems the link on a image doesn't work.The image is not displayed, there's a cross instead.)

Thank you

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Jun 2012, 15:52

MikeR wrote:( I'm' using some images as a link (internal link to a folder) and for now it seems the link on a image doesn't work.The image is not displayed, there's a cross instead.)
The link on the image will not work, because mobile has not been built to support this somewhat obscure hack. However, the image is not displayed? Normally it would open the image that owns the thumbnail that you clicked ... If this is not the case, please provide a link and allow us to take a look.

MikeR
Experienced

11 Jun 2012, 16:02

Of course

goo.gl/CLNDh

Click on the images at the bottom

Thank you

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

11 Jun 2012, 16:53

What about the link format, are you using "content" in the path?

MikeR
Experienced

11 Jun 2012, 17:08

yes each images are a link to a subfolder in the portfolio