Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

31 May 2012, 13:25

alexhenes wrote:Trying to decide if it makes sense to include folders containing video in the mobile site... what was the verdict on this?
Just hide the video folder on mobile. It might make sense to link to your stream on YouTube or Vimeo in Mobile Gallery instead.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

31 May 2012, 23:56

tschortsch wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:
tschortsch wrote:I came across another thing when using folder parameters to hide the amount of pictures in the mainmenu of a specific folder:
Code
menu.mainmenu.items=node,title
If the menu shows at startup the amount is still there. After clicking the menu title once it disappears, but all other amounts of folders as well. If the menu is hidden at startup any amounts are gone. A click on the menu title brings them all back..

I tried this on a newly installed 2.8 beta 3 version, no other changes made!

Do I use false parameters?
Do you have an example of this?
Test Gallery Beta 5

Just click on Pictures 1
Sorry, I must have misread this question earlier. Why are you using folder parameters to try to modify the menu? Folder parameters are injected into elements that load on a per-folder basis, unlike the main menu which is global. If anything, it has some strange effect like you are experiencing ... Are you trying to set the menu to look different only when you visit one folder? Why would you do that? You can edit the main menu from settings and or fromt theme, no need to use folder parameters for that ...
sjetzer wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:Just a follow-up on a few on the previous comments in this thread:
domnick0 wrote:How do you disable specific folders on the mobile version?
If you are using latest release, you can navigate to any folder from your admin, and use the checkboxes to select where the folder will show:
Hello Karl,

Is it possible with the links (folder as link)?
Seems its missing for some reason. We will fix! Thanks for the notifying us ...

tschortsch
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 06:26

Beta 6 does not load mobile gallery, only html gallery shows up on my smartphone.

Tested with a unmodified beta 6 version. Same result on your demo gallery.

alexhenes
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 10:28

Nick... do you know when deep links will be working in the mobile gallery?
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

01 Jun 2012, 12:23

Sorry about the fiasco guys, accidentally replaced the mobile templates with HTML ones. Here is the Beta 6 one more time.

Imagevue X2.8 β6

I think we have fixed the bugs reported in this thread since the last beta update and changed quite a few things. Most notable is the facelift of the menu and now the gallery loads only the minimum amount of data on mobile.
  • Mobile gallery loads minimal amount of data
  • Mobile gallery facelift
  • Mobile #/links fix
  • Contact form spam protection
  • Detection for Bada phones
  • Translation for password unlock form
  • Fix for content as a start folder
  • Removed ImageMagick, we can't guarantee it will work everywhere
  • Fox for horizontal scrolling in HTML gallery
Download Imagevue X2.8 Beta 6

PS. Very large galleries can be sped up by creating a 'cache' folder in iv-config. Our own demo gallery doesn't use cache, so probably you don't need it too anyway.
firedev.com

alexhenes
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 12:42

just loaded the latest...

in my site... www.merelyafleshwound.com...

when I click on a parent folder... "whats new" then click on a child folder... "new zealand" ... the page navigates back to the top level menu... vs. going to the images in the sub folder.

I cleared the cache.

Thanks
Alex

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

01 Jun 2012, 13:32

Sorry, do you mean in flash gallery? Works fine here.
firedev.com

grimurnet
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 13:33

I just downloaded the newses beta6 after that the mobile gallery is not appearing. I get the html version instead.

alexhenes
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 13:35

Nick... the mobile version
Alex

tschortsch
Experienced

01 Jun 2012, 17:48

Is there a way to disable the textpage title in the mobile gallery?

If using thumbnails in the mobile menu the picture will be displayed within these folders. But if these folders only contain subfolders I don't want the picture (which has the only purpose of building the thumbnail) to be shown. As a workaround I set those folders as textpages to get rid of the picture. Now there is only the title of the textpage which takes up to much space.. I hope you understand what I'm talking about... :shock:

sjetzer

02 Jun 2012, 03:04

Thank you for your reactivity! :shock:
I do not have problem anymore for the moment. 8)
Just a quite small remark:
It would be nice to be able to personalize "bubble" (language and logo) since the admin panel...
But it is difficult to satisfy everybody... :lol:
photo.png
photo.png (32.23 KiB) Viewed 6899 times
Otherwise, I think that we are closer and closer of the final version.
Magnificent job!!! Bravo.

Seb

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jun 2012, 06:09

tschortsch wrote:Is there a way to disable the textpage title in the mobile gallery?

If using thumbnails in the mobile menu the picture will be displayed within these folders. But if these folders only contain subfolders I don't want the picture (which has the only purpose of building the thumbnail) to be shown. As a workaround I set those folders as textpages to get rid of the picture. Now there is only the title of the textpage which takes up to much space.. I hope you understand what I'm talking about... :shock:
Sorry, perhaps it would be better if you could provide a link so I could see the problem in action? I don't quite understand why you are setting up a parent folder as a textpage in the first place. This seems a bit unintuitive ...
sjetzer wrote:It would be nice to be able to personalize "bubble" (language and logo) since the admin panel...
Makes sense ...

tschortsch
Experienced

02 Jun 2012, 07:11

mjau-mjau wrote:
tschortsch wrote:Is there a way to disable the textpage title in the mobile gallery?

Sorry, perhaps it would be better if you could provide a link so I could see the problem in action? I don't quite understand why you are setting up a parent folder as a textpage in the first place. This seems a bit unintuitive ...
Please have a look at this test gallery with your mobile phone. I would like to show a thumbnail for the folder "China" in the main menu but don't want the picture to be shown in the folder as I have other subfolders (Beijing, Shanghai, ...) in there. Is there a way to hide the picture or the like? Sorry for my circumbendibus!

By the way, I noticed that I sometimes get brought back to the main menu when I click one of the subfolders (Beijing, Shanghai,...) in the mobile gallery!

domnick0
Experienced

02 Jun 2012, 10:18

Just a thought here, but is it possible to make the html gallery the mobile gallery? I prefer the mobile gallery to the current html version on a desktop computer, I'm aware I can just add the url /?mobile=1 but can I make imagevue just do it on browser detect?

Why when i disable "Enable Html" the mobile gallery gets disabled as well?

And how do i enable language translation of the mobile gallery?

alexhenes
Experienced

02 Jun 2012, 20:42

yep... the latest beta release is pretty much broken on my mobile site....

just loaded the latest...

in my site... www.merelyafleshwound.com...

when I click on a parent folder... "whats new" then click on a child folder... "new zealand" ... the page navigates back to the top level menu... vs. going to the images in the sub folder.

I cleared the cache.
Alex