Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JK4U

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

30 May 2012, 08:57

Has the Thumbnail problem been fixed yet? I really like the new styles and the mobile functions - but without thumbnails its kinda useless :/

Im referring to the fact that since the upgrade to 2.8, the thumbnail creation stopped working. I only get a placeholder, but there is no tn_xxx.jpg files being created in the folder. Must be something with the converter - the old one worked grat - any way to switch a file from the 2.7 release until its implemented properly?

Cheers!
Last edited by JK4U on 30 May 2012, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 May 2012, 09:44

Have a link?
firedev.com

JK4U

30 May 2012, 09:50

Well, my website: http://www.jk4u.net
Ill go ahead and add some xxx by 800 pix pictures to the "Incredible India" folder now...

Which one is the thumbnail-creation file in the file structure?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 May 2012, 10:26

Could you provide an ftp login to your site please? Was it working with an earlier version?
firedev.com

JK4U

30 May 2012, 10:46

A private message has been sent to you, Sir.

JK4U

30 May 2012, 12:24

:!: A HUGE THANK YOU for Mr. Nick for fixing the thumbnail-creation problem. :!:

Turns out my server runs ImageMagick but rejects certain image files - with no thumbnails being created as a result. :shock:
As other people have noticed that problem as well, here is the temporary fix until the wizards figure it all out :)

:idea: Nick added a "return;" before the main code in "/*root*/iv-includes/include/ivImageAdapterImagemagick.class.php".
This reverted the thumbnail-creation back to their original internal way.

:arrow: Way cool of him to take the time to figure this out on the spot. My respect to you Sir.

Thnx again, Ill keep on testing... :D

sjetzer

30 May 2012, 14:00

Nick wrote:
sjetzer wrote:My English is not very good, but I read in this topic that the icons menu is not supported in the mobile version. Right?
Yes, the menu icons are removed in the mobile version, but why yours shows a broken image I wonder? Could you provide a link to your gallery?

Thanks for noticing the password folder page missing translation, we will consider it.
Thank you very much Nick for your fast answer.

I found for the missing icone:
The missing icone corresponds to the file: "iv-includes/images/mobile/folder_locked_textpage_black.png " ...
...and it misses in the directory. It is quite simple. :wink:

It's solved for me.
Thx.

I continue the test
Seb

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

30 May 2012, 14:16

This was actually a bug, thanks for reporting.
firedev.com

Crash
Experienced

30 May 2012, 15:44

>>> It's because your login and password are default (admin/admin).
- Explained! - thanks for that.

One other thing that I've noticed since 2.7 is that when you downsize a large PNG file to display in the gallery, it does a nearest-neighbour resize, leaving it looking jagged.
With JPEGs it does a smooth, bicubic resize.

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

31 May 2012, 04:51

Hey!

I tried to change the title font-size of textpages in the mobile gallery but it didn't work out.

Does anybody know what I exactly have to add to the mobile CSS?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

31 May 2012, 07:10

Just a follow-up on a few on the previous comments in this thread:
Crash wrote:I was still missing the ability to set content/ as the start folder.
My admin link at the top-right corner of the gallery is kinda garbled too. - It comes up with this: "/iv-admin/ » Imagevue Admin" and no little "x" to minimise it.I wonder if it's reacting to my content folder? Aside from that, it's a totally clean install.
In next beta, you will be able to set "/" as start folder ("content" has gone, and will be represented by "/"). The large admin text you saw, only appears if you are using default admin login and need to change this.
localhost wrote:When viewing my website from desktop with FLASH, the images load properly as well... but when I load my website using HTML gallery I can load the thumbnails but when click to enlarge specific image it says "The image could not be loaded".
Are you still having problems with this? May I see an actual link?
alexhenes wrote:Navigating to sub folders seems extremely slow... so much so that users of the site will think that they need to click the menu item again and again. My site as deep folders and high volumes of pictures. Would be nice if navigation from folder to folder was as snappy as it is from picture to picture.
I believe this was some temporary bug, and was fixed in latest release. It wont be as snappy when navigating pages as when navigating between single-images, also because the slideshow has a preloader, but we may consider some options to speed it all up.
tschortsch wrote:I came across another thing when using folder parameters to hide the amount of pictures in the mainmenu of a specific folder:
Code
menu.mainmenu.items=node,title
If the menu shows at startup the amount is still there. After clicking the menu title once it disappears, but all other amounts of folders as well. If the menu is hidden at startup any amounts are gone. A click on the menu title brings them all back..

I tried this on a newly installed 2.8 beta 3 version, no other changes made!

Do I use false parameters?
Do you have an example of this?
shadoukat wrote:any idea when the full version is ready for download? thanks! :)
It is getting pretty smoothed on now after beta 5. I believe we will release another update within the weekend, and then final version a few days into next week ...
Mika wrote:I tried this with my gallery and sadly it's horribly slow. With Iphone 4 it loads several minutes that front page - it's practically impossible to get inside a gallery. Then on iPad (1. gen) it loads a while and then Safari crashes (probably runs out of memory or something like that).
I believe this issue has been fixed, as there was a bug on frontpage that loaded all thumbnails for your entire gallery in the background.
wonga wrote:
Mika wrote:Maybe the issue is that I have about 35 000 images on my gallery.
I only have about 2'000+ but on my iPod Touch 4 it is very very slow too.
Same as above. This should be fixed ...
domnick0 wrote:How do you disable specific folders on the mobile version?
If you are using latest release, you can navigate to any folder from your admin, and use the checkboxes to select where the folder will show:
tschortsch wrote:
  • In "Settings-Mobile" the Display menu setting has disappeared. Will the mobile menu always show up in Beta 3?
  • How does the "[x] HTML [x] Flash [x] Mobile View selector" work? If only flash is activated for example, I can still see the folder in the mobile frontend, vice versa.
Mobile Menu is now always available through the title bar. We saw no reason to disable it, as it is none-intrusive. Less options = more conformity = better. There was a bug with the device selector, so unless you have already updated to the latest release, you will need to do it!
grimurnet wrote:I don't know why you don't put the download link under downloads "Imagevuex2.8 beta" That is more reasonable, don't you think. Because how it is now one has to search quite a lot to find the download link.
Sorry, when we started this post, we had not even launched the 2.8 for download. This is not even gonna be the official release thread for 2.8. I have now amended the first post in this thread to include a link for the beta download!
Crash wrote:One other thing that I've noticed since 2.7 is that when you downsize a large PNG file to display in the gallery, it does a nearest-neighbour resize, leaving it looking jagged.
With JPEGs it does a smooth, bicubic resize.
The problem is that for bicubic real-time resizing, we need to create a duplicate bitmap object from the loaded JPG file. However, this does not support PNG transparency, so we had to remove this for PNG files. Many wanted to keep PNG transparency in their files.
tschortsch wrote:I tried to change the title font-size of textpages in the mobile gallery but it didn't work out. Does anybody know what I exactly have to add to the mobile CSS?
Basically you are editing a framework, so this will be a bit complicated for now. Do you use firebug or some browser developer tool? You should be able to overwrite a style to any class/element. I will expand this topic slightly later.

localhost
Experienced

31 May 2012, 07:17

Mjau, it has been sorted already on the last beta update. Thank you...

tschortsch
Experienced

31 May 2012, 08:40

mjau-mjau wrote:
tschortsch wrote:I came across another thing when using folder parameters to hide the amount of pictures in the mainmenu of a specific folder:
Code
menu.mainmenu.items=node,title
If the menu shows at startup the amount is still there. After clicking the menu title once it disappears, but all other amounts of folders as well. If the menu is hidden at startup any amounts are gone. A click on the menu title brings them all back..

I tried this on a newly installed 2.8 beta 3 version, no other changes made!

Do I use false parameters?
Do you have an example of this?
Test Gallery Beta 5

Just click on Pictures 1
mjau-mjau wrote:
tschortsch wrote:I tried to change the title font-size of textpages in the mobile gallery but it didn't work out. Does anybody know what I exactly have to add to the mobile CSS?
Basically you are editing a framework, so this will be a bit complicated for now. Do you use firebug or some browser developer tool? You should be able to overwrite a style to any class/element. I will expand this topic slightly later.
Well, actually it works now! :D Only had to add following code to Custom CSS - Mobile Gallery CSS:
Code
h1 { font-size: 20px; }

sjetzer

31 May 2012, 12:51

mjau-mjau wrote:Just a follow-up on a few on the previous comments in this thread:
domnick0 wrote:How do you disable specific folders on the mobile version?
If you are using latest release, you can navigate to any folder from your admin, and use the checkboxes to select where the folder will show:
Hello Karl,

Is it possible with the links (folder as link)?

Thank's

Seb

alexhenes
Experienced

31 May 2012, 13:18

Trying to decide if it makes sense to include folders containing video in the mobile site... what was the verdict on this?
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com