X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

bixo
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.5 Beta Release

02 Dec 2010, 15:34

Just uploaded new update. What's new:

Fixed: Non-editable theme css
Fixed: Non-sortable images (was caused by double-dot in filenames)
Fixed: Incorrect Max Thumbnail Size
Fixed: Incorrect File Count for folders
Some small cosmetic changes
Hi Nick,
could you please post which files have been updated in the latest build. I wouldn't like to overwrite the whole install. Where are the admin and Imagevue settings stored and what files shall be prevented from being overwriten in subsequent updates and once the final version is out, in order to keep theme settings, email, ....

Thank you for you great support. I haven't detected any bugs so far, but I don't use all features in my gallery.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Dec 2010, 23:19

I am sorry but this is little bit hard to do, usually you can just upload everything except content folder.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Dec 2010, 00:20

bixo wrote:could you please post which files have been updated in the latest build. I wouldn't like to overwrite the whole install. Where are the admin and Imagevue settings stored and what files shall be prevented from being overwriten in subsequent updates and once the final version is out, in order to keep theme settings, email, ....

Thank you for you great support. I haven't detected any bugs so far, but I don't use all features in my gallery.
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/

When you upgrade Imagevue, you always keep your settings and custom themes. It only overwrites the scripts and default data. You settings are stored in a separate file and will not be overwritten.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

03 Dec 2010, 10:51

Beta update. what's new this time:
  • Fixed: Missing descriptions in HTML version
  • Fixed: Thumbnail creation when original image is smaller than a thumbnail box
  • New: When you rename your admin folder, after you log into admin, the new path is auto-saved to config and admin bar works automatically
  • Plus some uploader improvements
Upload resize just got broken again before the upload. Sorry about that. This will be addressed in an update tomorrow. At least the upload does not hang up anymore.
firedev.com

bixo
Experienced

03 Dec 2010, 11:28

mjau-mjau wrote:
bixo wrote:could you please post which files have been updated in the latest build. I wouldn't like to overwrite the whole install. Where are the admin and Imagevue settings stored and what files shall be prevented from being overwriten in subsequent updates and once the final version is out, in order to keep theme settings, email, ....

https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/

When you upgrade Imagevue, you always keep your settings and custom themes. It only overwrites the scripts and default data. You settings are stored in a separate file and will not be overwritten.

Thank you for the link. I ask because I did some changes to the Imagevue templates and stylesheets, and would not like to overwrite them if these have not been changed in the updated version.
Thanks again!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Dec 2010, 11:45

bixo wrote:Thank you for the link. I ask because I did some changes to the Imagevue templates and stylesheets, and would not like to overwrite them if these have not been changed in the updated version.
Thanks again!
As mentioned earlier and in this documentation - You should not edit native Imagevue themes and stlyesheet, or edit files manually. Instead, create a COPY of a theme in the admin, and then make changes to your copy. When doing it this way, you will always keep all your theme settings, and changes to the theme CSS.

As for your changes to the main settings, they are stored in a separate file in the iv-includes/config/ folder, and will also be retained after update! Just avoid editing files manually if you can ...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

03 Dec 2010, 15:14

Resize should work now.
  • Fixed: Upload with resize
I'd recommend to clear your browser cache after uploading new version to be sure you're using latest .js and .swf files.
firedev.com

lowray1975
Experienced

03 Dec 2010, 20:20

Hey Nick,

I just downloaded/updated the newest version and it appears that the uploader is still not working. When using Firefox, the upload does upload the image although no resizing occurs (the check box is selected). From IE the upload box still sits at pending.

It also appears that thumbnails aren't being created when the image is uploaded. While clicking on the create thumbnail function reports success, thumbnails are not created for the new images either.

Let me know if I can help troubleshoot, etc. Just trying to help!

Thank you guys for your hard work!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Dec 2010, 23:42

I believe this is the scenario:

# Resizer checkbox for uploader does not currently work. We are working on this!

1. If you open the uploader window, and attempt to upload images with resizer, it will fail. Then if you try to upload images without re-opening the window, the event that creates the thumbnails is skipped. Close your upload window first, and then re-open it! This is obviously something that you need not worry about once we have fixed this ...

2. Optionally, the thumbnails may not be created simply because the images are too large to be processed by server.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

04 Dec 2010, 10:09

Beta update
  • Fixed: Resizing files with uppercase extensions (Finally)
  • Notification that folder already exists
firedev.com

Sascha

04 Dec 2010, 13:05

Hello ;)

First let me tell you (again) that 2.5 is really really cool ;) If the software betas I get for testing in my job would be so finished as X2.5 I would be glad ;)

Now to my questions:

1. In the blog I read in "Whats next?" that there will be a 2.6 sometime with new features. Karl has written in a thread that a guestbook is planned "soon" and I remember somewhat that this feature was already in discussion before. Does this mean guestbook feature will be part of 2.6?

Edit: Forget this question, found a thread exactly for this question ;) I'd be happy to have it in 2.6. *cheer*

2. I am bit confused about the licensing options. Does a private license offer the possibility to install it on more than one domain (both owned by me of course)? In fact it would be the same server, just with 2 DNS entries. In the FAQ there is this question already but the answer seems to be referring to the commercial product line of imagevue.

Kind regards,
Sascha

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

04 Dec 2010, 13:38

Sorry if anybody had issues authorizing their installation from Imagevue Admin in late betas, this is fixed now.
  • Fixed: Authorization from admin panel wasn't linked properly
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Dec 2010, 23:55

Sascha wrote:2. I am bit confused about the licensing options. Does a private license offer the possibility to install it on more than one domain (both owned by me of course)? In fact it would be the same server, just with 2 DNS entries. In the FAQ there is this question already but the answer seems to be referring to the commercial product line of imagevue.
If it is the same owner- or project/client ... This is no problem.

If you are reusing Imagevue for multiple projects and/or clients, you need to purchase additional license.

https://www.photo.gallery/purchase/

Christopher
Experienced

05 Dec 2010, 06:31

I uploaded the most recent version this morning.

If you go here: http://christophergrant.se/#/content/Ro ... nessa1.jpg

You'll see the title (to right of image) in red. Note the position. Now reload the same page.
If you get what I get, the title should jump to a new position.

Settings used for Text1:
Padding: 0
Offset_x: 0
Offset_y: 12

Hope this helps!
Christopher

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Dec 2010, 07:47

Tried it in Chrome and Firefox, but it always display top right of image here:

It could be you are seeing some effect of text.text1.event = auto, which places the text either above or on the side of the image, depending on the aspect mode.