Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.5 Beta Release

20 Dec 2010, 14:32

I am still experiencing several Imagevue text page issues. Some old some new.

1.) I still cannot adjust the textpage body font size for the pages using the .textpage_body {} class in the css. No matter what setting I use it does not effect the size in the textpage. The ONLY setting that I have discovered that actually controls the textpage body font size in the css file is the body {} definition. If I remove the font-size from there, the font size defined with the .textpage_body class works fine. I can also adjust the font size by adjusting it in the body {} definition, but I have no idea what else that will be effecting overall within the gallery, so I shy away from doing that. If it effects nothing else then I am fine with changing text text page font size there.

2.) I am still having an issue where I make changes in the text page editor, then save the changes, but the changes do not save in the editor. All the changes are gone when the page refreshes.
Here is an example that is consistent for me. If I put some text on my textpage, then add a photo. Save the page. Then I go back and highlight a photo and click on the link icon. I add a url and title for the photo. The url will save, but no matter what I try the Title will not save. This is the same issue I have experienced with other features while saving within the text editor, but this one was reproducible (on my end anyway).

3.) Today I realized that there is no way to put an indentation larger than one space on a paragraph. Also a bit disappointed that I can no longer use the tab to add spaces in the text editor, hitting tab now navigates around the page, instead of adding spaces. What's worse, is that you cannot add TWO or more consecutive spaces in a paragraph. I have also noticed that I have lost all my paragraph indentations on any page I have edited with the new 2.5 version. I need to know how to restore the paragraph indentation on my pages. I usually indent 6-8 spaces to make it easier on the reader.

Thanks for looking into it - Joe

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Dec 2010, 00:03

It's amazing how hard is to find a problem-free text editor, we'll see what we can do to tame it.
firedev.com

sprocket
Experienced

29 Dec 2010, 15:47

Nick, I was wondering if possibly you didn't get to the text page editor issues in the 2.5.2 release, because I'm still experiencing many of the same problems and unfortunately discovering more.

1.) Still cannot indent a paragraph or use the tab button WITHIN the editor. (it navigates around the page) I have tried every trick I can think of to indent a paragraph (or even just start a sentence with more than 1 space) and I've come up empty. Multiple spaces of any kind get trimmed out of the start of a sentence. Funny things is, when I use the editor from ver 2.1.8 and copy the folderdata.xml file into the new version, the indentations stay and the page looks great. Even manual manipulation (by adding &nbsp's) of a version 2.5+ .xml file, I haven't been able to get a sentence with a handful of spaces at the start of it. I think the new xml cache is foiling my attempts.

2.) I didn't notice any problems with the editor not saving settings, or setting changes, but I didn't really spend much time playing with the editor this go around, so i will keep my eye on this.

3.) Okay - this is a big one for me. WHERE DID THE SPELL CHECKER GO!! Oh man - life without a spell checker sometimes isn't worth living - HA! Here I thought my typing and grasp on the English language were improving and I was no longer misspelling even a single word. Turns out I was really wrong, and all my text pages from the last couple weeks were riddled with spelling errors that were not flagged in the new editor that no longer does any type of spell checking. aahhhh - that hurts.

4.) I personally don't use the left, right and justified text buttons in the editor, but they don't seem to do anything. Someone out there may expect them to do something.

Any chance we can get the old Pre-2.5 text page editor back? The one that wasn't broken - HA!
All I wanna be able to do is all the simple things I was able to do before. Put text and pictures on a text page without fighting the editor. Not looking for anything new, just all the working old.

Thanks for listening

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

31 Dec 2010, 05:17

We'll deal with everything right after the New Year
firedev.com

gaitt
Experienced

10 Jan 2011, 11:40

hi guys,

I've just set up the 2.5.2.1 gallery on my server, it works like a charm but i've got some missing icons on the uploader and on the apache log I've got lots of "File does not exist: /var/www/iv-admin/images, referer: http://mygallery/iv-admin/swfupload.swf"!

Any ideas?
Thx

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

10 Jan 2011, 21:31

I believe you need to clear your browser cache so it reload .js files with new paths.
firedev.com