Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

31 Mar 2014, 02:01

alexhenes wrote:Will the new version lend itself to easily inserting JS like Google ads into our sites?
That should be relatively straightforward ... I cannot say anything about how the Google Ads will integrate per design and functionality across all devices, but I assume not worse than on any other website using Google ads.

winph
Experienced

01 Apr 2014, 02:16

will the final version also include the logo animation of mjaumjau? :D

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagevue X3 [playground]

11 Apr 2014, 05:32

I noticed that the mobile menu does not scroll as smoothly as before the last update..

Are there any news for a beta release?

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagevue X3 [playground]

11 Apr 2014, 05:35

I like the new feature of the mobile menu that it highlights the current menu level! It would be cool if the menu scroll automatically to the last clicked instance when reentering.

Really awesome so far!

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

11 Apr 2014, 10:40

Hello!

Just wondering when we are actually going to get X3? :)

I know the project has well and truly exceeded the first two ETA's due in 2013, but can we get anything realistic?
You must have a plan of what you have completed, what still needs to be implemented, and the time it will take to make these improvements...

You can quite easily announce v3 and v3.1 when you complete more features, and again v3.2 again when it has improved again.
But it makes no sense to make your customers wait and wait and wait for the next update when v3 has been in testing for so long now.

:(
» I Imagevue X3 «

VincentCui

11 Apr 2014, 23:34

I thought V2 user may get upgrade for free...maybe I'm wrong, sorry.

Anyway, it's been eagerly waiting for V3, all looks chic!
Visual artist -- photographer, film maker.

http://www.vincentcui.co.uk

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

16 Apr 2014, 03:49

Sorry for the late response people! Lately we have been looking into the new admin panel, which will at first be quite provisional. We are very focused on keeping the new admin clean and simple, but also with certain flexibility. I have also been on some unrelated travels lately, but now back in the cockpit seat for a long flight.
winph wrote:will the final version also include the logo animation of mjaumjau? :D
Unlikely the logo/effect on the mjau-mjau page will be "included" in X3, because it is not generic enough, but I would be happy to help anyone integrate it similarly if they are just using text/font in the logo.
tschortsch wrote:I noticed that the mobile menu does not scroll as smoothly as before the last update..
That is very perceptive of you to notice. This will be fixed today or tomorrow, and is related to some scroll-momentum issues on iOs.
tschortsch wrote:Are there any news for a beta release?
I will need to refer you to my post here (scroll down to the date section).
tschortsch wrote:I like the new feature of the mobile menu that it highlights the current menu level! It would be cool if the menu scroll automatically to the last clicked instance when reentering.
There are quite a lot of minor issues or improvements for the "off-canvas" menu, that will be improved or changed in time.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Just wondering when we are actually going to get X3? :)

I know the project has well and truly exceeded the first two ETA's due in 2013, but can we get anything realistic?
You must have a plan of what you have completed, what still needs to be implemented, and the time it will take to make these improvements...

You can quite easily announce v3 and v3.1 when you complete more features, and again v3.2 again when it has improved again.
But it makes no sense to make your customers wait and wait and wait for the next update when v3 has been in testing for so long now.
For now, I will ned to refer you to my post here (scroll down to the date section). I appreciate your advice ... It is clear we need to focus on core features, and then perhaps just release something that is usable and work with tons of improvements over time. This is definitely a focus.
VincentCui wrote:I thought V2 user may get upgrade for free...maybe I'm wrong, sorry.

Anyway, it's been eagerly waiting for V3, all looks chic!
X2 has been out for 5+ years, and to be completely honest, we can't afford to work with this and release it entirely free for all previous users at the given price it has been made available. However, if you became a customer of X2 in 2014 and feel you deserve a free upgrade, drop an email or PM us and we can sort out something. Just keep in mind, we wont be able to deal with this until we have a public beta release out regardless.

Updates coming soon ...

RBachmann
Experienced

16 Apr 2014, 04:24

Dear mjau-mjau

I'm following your project for the last about 8 years I guess. ImagevueX has always been the star amongst my known web galleries.
I know you're doing a great job. I will certainly have a look at X3 and most likely buy it. I'm looking forward to the final version 3. As excited as I am, the current version 2 is working great (however, some issues with mobile access / 2G / quite large images occur), therefore there is no immediate need for a quickly implemented successor. I prefer well tested, stable and bug-free (it's the thought that counts) versions to early access versions.

I just wanted you to know that the loudest customers do not represent the majority of your customers. So take the time you need to create the next amazing version of Imagevue ;)

Best regards
Ron

VincentCui

16 Apr 2014, 13:34

mjau-mjau wrote:
X2 has been out for 5+ years, and to be completely honest, we can't afford to work with this and release it entirely free for all previous users at the given price it has been made available. However, if you became a customer of X2 in 2014 and feel you deserve a free upgrade, drop an email or PM us and we can sort out something. Just keep in mind, we wont be able to deal with this until we have a public beta release out regardless.

Updates coming soon ...

It's very reasonable, just can't wait to see the new version!

Cheer up!
Visual artist -- photographer, film maker.

http://www.vincentcui.co.uk

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Apr 2014, 16:15

Greetings,

A big update got processed today, although without too many exciting new features. It was an important cleanup- and maintenance update to the core, adding several necessary technical features. A few highlights:

Atom XML Feed (RSS)
Added Atom XML feed, which allows X3 to syndicate website content in a standard feed format.
http://mjau-mjau.com/feed/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(standard)

XML SiteMap
Added XML sitemap, which is used by Google- and other search engines to index all content on a website. Although in XML format, it is styled with an XSL template to make it functional also for humans.
http://mjau-mjau.com/sitemap/

Default 404 page
Added default 404 (not found) page, which displays when trying to load a page that does not exist. The hidden page can be managed from the admin like any other page. Also works in ajax mode when navigating to a broken link.
http://mjau-mjau.com/somePageThatDontExist/

Basic Search
Added basic search functionality allowing page search. This feature is experimental, does not search images, and will remain dormant until further notice. It is more proof of concept for now.
http://mjau-mjau.com/search/
http://mjau-mjau.com/search?q=slideshow

More update details
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/#25apr14

Admin Panel news flash!
Last few weeks, we have been looking into the new admin panel, and we are working with another party to deliver a beautifully crafted experience. Shortly, I will be creating a separate forum thread for the X3 admin panel, outlining details about features, and also inviting suggestions- and comments from you magnificent peoples.

I can reveal one new feature/concept: The new admin panel will support an enhanced database(DB) -option, in addition to a default non-DB option. The DB option will basically allow enhanced user management, user permissions, profiles, email recovery, registration, limitations and security, and will be required for certain panel features. However, basic login will still be available for single users who wish to avoid DB. The DB option will be recommended, but not required, and is pretty simple to setup: Just create a DB name from your server control panel, and fill a few credentials. NB! Just because the panel comes with optional DB support, does NOT mean the main Imagevue X3 frontend will use a database in any way.

N3XT
Now that we have cleaned up a bit and the admin is being conceived, I will be looking into albums and skins (themes) from this week.

jay2

29 Apr 2014, 19:07

I may have missed it but when will this be close to release?

Nondo

30 Apr 2014, 02:24

Looking good! Can't wait to start testing things.

Wagner Alex
Experienced

30 Apr 2014, 04:32

Played around with the "Playground" (http://mjau-mjau.com/) and I am simply impressed. What a improvement!!!!!!

Can't wait to reniew my page...

Alex

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

30 Apr 2014, 16:48

Added a new X3 feature today which massively boosts page speed by preloading the entire website data object. In fact, I was so satisfied with the final result, that I wrote a blog post about it:
http://mjau-mjau.com/blog/preload-website/

Click around the website (not external links naturally), and you will notice it is insanely fast.

The above, and a few other updates noted here ...
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/#30apr14

Now, gonna look into "albums" layout ...
jay2 wrote:I may have missed it but when will this be close to release?
For now, I will need to refer you to my post here (scroll down to the date section).

Martin
Experienced

03 May 2014, 05:51

Hi Karl,

I tested the X3-playground with my touchscreen laptop and iPad.
Here are some issues that I encountered.
Besides these: I really like what i see :-)

______

Windows 8.1
Touchscreen
Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m (opened on desktop)
IE 11.07 (opened on desktop)

1) Touchsreen sensitivity CHROME
Menu: The horizontal menu is not touchsreen sensitive, though it is possible to highlight a menu item (after pressing the stylus half a second, not just by clicking on it). It doesn't open a new screen. This is also the case with the left/right arrows that should jump to the next menu-item screen.
Image: And touching on an image with the stylus does not open the pop-up slideshow.
Slideshow: In contrast the left/right/up/down slideshow-arrows are perfect responsive with the stylus.

2) Touchscreen sensitivity IE
No problems here, but when touching 'Concepts' with the stylus it does not unfold the submenu, but it takes you immediately to the Concepts main page.

3) Scrolling with the stylus in Chrome is very sluggish, while in IE it is very smooth and fast

4) When entering a text in the contact form it's saying that it doesn't want an empty text...
but it's probably a precaution from you so to have not thousands of e-mais :-)

______

iPad
iOS 7.1.1
Safari
Chrome (has the same of the issues below as with Safari)

1) Touchsreen sensitivity iPad Safari
The buttons to open and close the menu respons immediately, but for the menu-items you've got to hold the stylus a little bit longer to activate.
This seems also be the case when selecting an image to get the pop-up slideshow... it is not just a quick click but you have to press a little bit longer.

2) Screenbox Mega/Mini do not show any pictures at all.
And afterwards Safari crashes and sometimes even restarts the iPad!
I noticed that there are more pages that do not show images and can make Safari crash.

3) When touching 'Concepts' it only unfolds the sub-menu, so it is not possible to get to the Concepts main page.

Martin