Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

IE vs FF Bug when using link

10 Dec 2009, 13:51

When I use the code shown, the link works fine in firefox but hangs in IE8. I searched for a solution and saw a similar mention that said use a new version of the .swf. I am using the newest download of everything, including the suggested .swf. It had no affect.

Related, but not as important... when I see "self" mentioned in the forum as code I often see it as "SELF". I experimented and upper case doesn't work in this case so if you could clear this up it would be appreciated.
Code
#/content/textpage/sample page/*_self
Thanks, G

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

Solved:Partially

12 Dec 2009, 19:17

The short answer:

use "asfunction:_root.link," attatched to where one would normally use "#/content/blah/blah/" and end up with "asfunction:_root.link,#/content/blah/blah/".

So in my case the following worked :
Code
asfunction:_root.link,#/content/textpage/sample page/*_self
For your information, this seems to apply to links in text pages (verified), each of the "special image links" (including purchase) (verified).

So, If you have a problem with a link, check it across browsers, then see if this "solution" works for you.

Side note:

:x I found the answer in a standlone obscure msg marked "X2 announcements ~ New methology for internal links"

So, is this considered fixed or a workaround? Is this related or not related to the "backbutton" and/or "useswfaddress" issues that also in IE8?

--Gee

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Dec 2009, 06:27

I will need to look into this, but why are you using *_SELF if the default methology for opening ALL internal links is _self. Why not just take AWAY the "*_SELF"? If we gonna work with solutions, I would like to work with real problems ...

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

14 Dec 2009, 13:05

mjau-mjau wrote:I will need to look into this, but why are you using *_SELF if the default methology for opening ALL internal links is _self. Why not just take AWAY the "*_SELF"? If we gonna work with solutions, I would like to work with real problems ...
Default behavior of internal links? I suspect that you are talking about what you intend the link to be used for rather than what the link "value" is itself.

I believe this IS a real problem. However, it is not a serious one since I a have worked around it. The problem occurs when one uses the internal link in the "purchase" link. I read your previous comment in another msg some of your thoughts on this, however, since options are somewhat limited in this area, I change the name to "Pricing" and have the internal link neatly go to pricing sheets for various sizes. It's a much better use for the option.

--G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Dec 2009, 09:12

gadgetologist wrote:Default behavior of internal links? I suspect that you are talking about what you intend the link to be used for rather than what the link "value" is itself.
I mean this:
Code
asfunction:_root.link,#/content/textpage/sample page/*_self
This is an INTERNAL link, so it does not make sense that you are adding *_self. ALL internal links in imagevue are opened in the _self target. Only if you want to open them in a new window for some reason, should you be adding the target *_blank behind ...

Are you using the latest release? It is not long ago that we were fixing the behavior to work as described above.