Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

krafty
Topic Author

Page Component/Joomla/Lightbox/Multithumb [Solved]

24 Apr 2007, 19:56

I bought imagevue a long time ago, I'm finally implementing it in a live site and I have a problem. I am using multithumb, which is a Joomla mambot that creates a javascript lightbox effect. In Safari, not sure about IE yet, the slideshow pops through the lightbox effect. I have tried setting the wmode to transparent and opaque, neither made a difference. Tried setting the z-index to 0. Nothing is working for me. I know that this. I'm striking out here.

The problem is here:

http://www.ranchomiragemhc.com/gallery.html

If you click on any of the smaller images on the bottom, they should pop up in a lightbox, in Safari at least, imagevue keeps flickering through.[/url]
Last edited by krafty on 18 Jun 2007, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Apr 2007, 11:03

Works fine from here both in IE and Firefox - Perhaps you fixed it?

This is related to the long time issue regarding SWF files not following the z-indexing, and therefore positioning themselves infront of DHTML menus etc. The rumour was that it could be solved by using WMODE parameter for the SWF. However, all browsers do not support this - If you fixed your issue somehow, you are welcome to share the secret here...

krafty
Topic Author

25 Apr 2007, 12:12

Thanks Karl, it appears to work ok on a PC, I think the problem is webkit related, it doesn't work properly on a Mac running Safari, Firefox or Opera. I reduced it slightly by setting wmode to transparent. Before setting wmode it was always above the lightbox. Set z-index to 0, that helped a little bit, when it pops through, it disappears quicker. If anybody has problems with it on a PC, please let me know, otherwise I think I will just leave it as is, from my experience there are not too many mac users in the target demographic. If anybody has had any luck with Safari please let me know.

p.s. Karl, have you thought about offering a different pricing for developers just using the slideshow component on a site. Imagevue is awesome, but for simply using the slideshow component it's harder to justify the price to a client. Great work though.

krafty
Topic Author

Lightbox updated

30 Apr 2007, 14:09

There is a new solution for this issue. If you are using lightbox and the slideshow component (or any flash for that matter), there is an updated .js for lightbox at www.huddletogether.com. The new script shuts off any flash when the script is running and then restarts the flash when it closes. I haven't got it dialed in yet, but I will post a link when it is.

krafty
Topic Author

18 Jun 2007, 17:00

If you update to the new version of lightbox, it solves the problem. It was mainly only occurring on Macs, so it is not an issue for PC users. The new version actually stops the flash while the lightbox is up and then restarts it when the lightbox is closed.

If anybody else has had this problem, you can see the fix on the following site. It's under the gallery section:

http://www.ranchomiragemhc.com