Imagevue X2.6 includes a few new major features, as well as a few minor fixes. Mainly, this new release evolves around social media sharing, a fortified text editor, multiple background images (for themes) and a useful thumbnail-editor!
Imagevue X2.6 Updatelog
- Social Media Sharing – Read More. You can also check the demo gallery to see how the sharing button works.
- Multiple Background Images – Now you can use multiple background images in your theme. You can for example have a main background, a logo, and an interactive layer
- Thumbnail Editor – Did you ever wish you could change a specific thumbnail? With the new admin thumbnail editor, you can now edit a thumbnail so that it is trimmed just the way you want it! No more cropped heads or missing context.
- Rejuvenated text page editor – We now support paragraph tags properly, align options and font color selector
- Added Mac OSX MouseWheel Support – Available on windows for some time, you can now use the mouse trackpad/mousewheel to scroll text pages and zoom in on images – Forum
- Global Password – You can now set a global password for your gallery by setting a password for your content folder. Visitors will need to enter a password to enter your gallery. PS! Password on the content folder are non-recurisve.
- Fixed “jumping link” on text pages – Forum
- Recursive Passwords – You can now set password for a parent folder, and all child folders will inherit this password. PS! The password will only prompt if a subfolder is clicked, or if the parent folder has files.
- Added Dashboard to admin – Stay tuned with updates and news from Imagevue directly from your admin dashboard (RSS+Twitter)
- Auto-expanding text areas in admin
- New XML parser should increase performance a bit
- Fixed bug with negative values in config
- Forced thumbnails refresh in folders listings
- Russian language corrected
- Danish language added
- Fixed some problems with authorization
- Fix for Image options in text editor
- Fixed missing images in text pages bug
- Fixed copy and move files
Some of you were perhaps hoping for a dedicated horizontal menu and Fotomoto e-commerce integration in this release, but we had to push this forwards to Imagevue X2.7. We are already bracing ourselves for X2.7, and also looking to the future in regards to dedicated Imagevue mobile/iPhone version, Guestbook and a few new cool themes!