The Themes page allows you to create, edit and preview gallery themes. Imagevue X2 comes with a handful of pre-created themes that you can use, or you can create your own theme from an existing one!
What is a Theme?
A theme is a group of settings that strictly control the visual style of your gallery. Primarily, this consists of colors, background image, text styles and a few more settings
The first thing you see when you enter the themes page, is a list of all your themes. Each theme has a few actions available ›
- use – Use this theme for your gallery
- edit – Edit this theme
- create new – Creates a new theme based on this theme
- Preview – Preview this theme
- delete – Delete this theme
After clicking to edit a theme, you will arrive at the theme edit settings page. Here you will see a similar interface as from the main settings page, except fewer options, and all settings are related to the visual style of your gallery through the theme. You can edit any of the options, and click SAVE to make the changes. The most important section is STYLE, as this contains options for your main colors and background image.
- Style – Sets the main styles for the theme
- Controls – Style settings for controls/navigation
- Audioplayer – Styles for the audioplayer
- Image – Styles for the main image display and for items that display with the image
- Thumbnails – Styles for the thumbnails and for items that display with the thumbnails
- Textpage – Styles for the textpage module
- Menu – Styles for the main menu
- Modules – Styles for modules
Theme Edit Panels
On the right-side of the screen on the theme edit page, you will find a few control panels ›
- Edit theme config – Goes to the main edit theme config page
- Edit theme stylesheet – Click to edit the current theme CSS Stylesheet
- View theme – Click to preview the current theme
- Create new theme, based on * theme – Creates a new theme from selected theme
- Edit another theme * – Select another theme to edit from the dropdown list
- Background Upload – Upload a background image/swf for use with this theme
Edit Theme CSS Stylesheet
After clicking to edit the theme CSS stylesheet, you will find a large input field for editing the themes CSS Stylesheet. You can find more information on the Imagevue css stylesheets here ›
What is a CSS Stylesheet?
A CSS Stylesheet allows you to change text styles for all text items in a webpage. As you see in the flash gallery, all text items in menus, titles, descriptions and tooltips have styles, and these are set through the theme CSS Stylesheet. Using a CSS stylesheet allowd greater flexibility to all text formatting items set from a single file.
CSS in Imagevue
Some of you have been using CSS earlier in HTML webpages, and may have been using CSS for much more than just styling text. In Flash however, CSS only applies to formatting of text, and can not be used to style other aspects of the page, like layout. This is handled by the Imagevue main theme settings page.