Imagevue has an e-mail module that allows users to contact you through a contact form, or send an image to a friend
The contact form is used by visitors of your gallery to send you an email message directly.
The send link module is used by gallery visitors to send link to an image by email to another friend.
* rollover the image that loads, and click the “send link” button)
To enable any of these features, you will first have to navigate to you control panel settings, and find the options under email.
- allowEmail – must be checked/enabled for any of the scripts to run.
- ownerEmail – must be set to your own E-mail address so that the contact form script will send emails to you from your visitors.
- contactSubj – must be set to the text you want to appear in the subject field of e-mails from the contact form that goto you.
- sendlinkSubj – must be set to the text you want to appear in the subject field of e-mails from the send link form.
Adding the modules to your gallery
After you have set the config, you will need to implement any or both of the two modules in any variety of ways:
- The Contact form can be included in a text page by adding the text by clicking the contact-form button in the text editor for your contact page.
- Contact form can be included in main controls, imagebuttons, or right-click controls by enabling it in the settings for those items. We recommend using the contact form in a textpage, because this means the visitor get a unique page for contact.
- Send link module can be included in main controls, imagebuttons, or right-click controls by enabling it in the settings for those items. We recommend using the send link form with imagebuttons.
To change the design- and layout of the emails from the contact module and the send-link module, you can edit the following files from the “templates” folder in Imagevue:
If your server does not support the default mail() function, you can set up the e-mail to send from SMTP. Just go to control panel › Settings › settings.email.smtp. Configure your SMTP.
- Unfortunately, users can not type into textfield when in fullscreen mode because of some Flash player restriction. Gallery therefore always goes out of fullscreen mode when visitor opens the sendlink form or contact form.
- If your web server does not have an emailer utility, you will see an error message “Can not send email”