The Imagevue manage section allows you to manage all your files- and folders. You can create new folders, edit titles and descriptions, upload files and more!
Manage Folders Menu
After logging in, in the main menu at the top, you will see a “Manage” button. Also, try to rollover the blue [imagevue] icon to display a quick-link structure of the folders in your gallery. You will see that some folders are yellow, others are grayed-out, while some have a different icon. This is because some folders are hidden or set up to be special pages like textpage, filemod or links. Clicking the “Manage” button will take you to the root “content” folder of your gallery. The number after the folder title indicates how many files there are in each folder. You can also click any link in the quick-links menu to access a subfolder directly. Click the “Manage” link to go to folder management.
After clicking the manage button, you will see a page displaying all the subfolders in your content folder.
Click one of the folders with files inside, and a page will load displaying all the files in thumbnails mode. Before you click a thumbnail, let’s take a look at the folder panels on the right-hand side of the window ›
Folder Info panel
In the folder info panel, you can set properties for the currently selected folder ›
- Use as [select] - This selector allows you to choose how you want to use the folder ›
- Folder – Normal gallery folder to contain files
- Textpage – Use the folder as a textpage
- Link – Use the folder as an external or internal menu link
- Filemod – Use the folder as a special filemod
- Preview Image – Choose a previewimage for this folder
- Sorting – Set imagesorting option for this folder
- Title * – Create a title for this folder
- Description * – Create a description for this folder
We recommend using standard latin characters for the actual folder name, while you can use any special- or localized characters in titles and descriptions. This is to avoid problems with server incompatibility
Folder Actions panel
The folder actions panel allows you to manage the currently selected folder ›
- Rename this folder
Option for renaming the folder. NB! This is not the same as the title, which is the actual displayname in your gallery
- Delete this folder
Deletes the folder
- Create new folder
Create new folder as a child of currently selected folder
- Hide this folder
Hides the folder from the gallery menu. This feature can be used to hide folders that are not ready to be viewed yet, or to create hidden galleries that are only accessible from a given link
- Recreate thumbnails in current folder
Recreates all thumbnails in current folder
- Recreate thumbnails in all folders, starts from current
Recreates thumbnails in ALL folders.
- Create missing thumbnails in all folders, starts from current
Recreates missing thumbnails in all folders, starting from current
Selected Files Actions panel
The selected file actions panel, allows you to batch-manage multiple files from the current folder. First, try clicking a few of the thumbnail items to select them – Make sure you don’t click directly on the thumbnail, but instead click on the box that highlights when you rollover the thumbnail area. You can also use Ctrl+A to select all images in the folder.
- Delete Selected Files – Deletes the selected files
- Move to [Select folder] – Moves the selected files to selected folder
- Copy to [Select folder] – Copies the selected files to selected folder
Folder Upload panel
The folder upload panel simply allows you to upload files to the current folder. Click the “upload file” button, and a dialog window will appear where you can browse for files to upload. You can select multiple files by holding Ctrl-button down while you select files, or by holding the Shift button down and selecting the first and last file in your list.
There may be file-size restrictions on the upload module depending on your server settings. For example, you may not be able to upload 4MB mp3 files if your server/host has set a 2mb upload limit. Although you have the option to ask your host to increase this limit, the easiest solution is to simply upload large files by FTP.
If you click one of the thumbnails from the folder overview page, the full size image will load. Let’s take a look at the file property control panels on the right-hand side of the window ›
Image Info panel
In the Image info panel, you will find information about the file currently being displayed, and you can also set a few properties ›
- File info – At the top of the panel, you will find general information about the file currently being displayed. You will find items like Name, Path, Date, Size, Width, Height and Type
- Title * – Create a title for this file
- Description – Create a description for this file
Title must not be confused with the actual file name. Title will be displayed instead of the file name, because you can use special characters in titles, whereas filenames are restricted to certain characters. By default, title inherits the original filename until you edit the title.
The Image actions panel allows you to manage the currently selected file ›
- Delete this image – Deletes the current image
- Rotate image clockwise – Rotates the image clockwise
- Rotate image counter-clockwise – Rotates the image counter-clockwise
- Move to [select] – Moves the current file to selected folder
- Copy to [select] – Copies the current file to selected folder